Growing up my sister and I loved eating this salad my mom makes every year usually around spring or summer time.
We have SO many childhood memories linked to this Tuna macaroni salad. The one main memory is going to the beach or lake.
Not only is it delicious, but it’s also refreshing with the pops of cold peas, creaminess from the mayo with a slight tang from the yogurt and filling from the pasta. It’s an all-around perfect dish.
I took my mom’s recipe and lightened it to perfection with a few additions! 👌
Tuna Macaroni Salad
- 8 oz Barilla Protein Plus Elbow pasta or pasta of your choice
- 2 5oz. Cans Tuna packed in water drained
- 1/2 Cup Onion Diced
- 1/2 Cup Celery Diced
- 2 Cups Peas Defrosted if frozen
- 1 TBSP Lemon juice fresh
- 1/2 Cup Non fat greek yogurt
- 1/3 Cup Light mayonaisse
- 2 tsp Dak's Nothin But Ranch seasoning or ranch seasoning of your choice
- 1/4 tsp Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning
- Black pepper to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- First prepare your pasta, let cool then place in a bowl
- In a separate bowl combine the dressing ingredients and set aside
- In the bowl with the pasta add the tuna, onions, celery and peas
- Add the dressing, mix lightly and enjoy. Refrigerate for the following day for a cold pasta salad.