Spinach & Artichoke Chicken Enchiladas
This has to be one of my new favorites. The flavors are so nice and work so well together. Not only was this an extremely easy recipe to put together, the filling can be used just for a chicken salad or a hot dip.
- Small casserole dish
- Bowl for mixing
- Mini food processor ( Optional )
- Cheese grater
- 2 Chicken breasts 8 oz. or rotisserie chicken
- 2 tsp Dak's Nothin But Ranch Seasoning
- 2 tsp Dak's Green Zest seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Cup Frozen spinach Drained
- 3/4 Cup Artichokes ( In water ) Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Onion Diced
- 1/2 Block Light cream cheese or whipped cream cheese
- 1 Cup Fat free mozzarella Kraft brand
- 1/2 TBSP Dak's Nothin But Ranch
- 1/2 TBSP Dak's Green Zest
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 Cut Da Carb flatbreads find them right on the site
- 1 Cup Green salsa verde Aldi brand
- 2 oz Part skim shredded mozzarella
- Cilantro to garnish, or parsley
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Season chicken breast with 2 tsp Dak's Nothin But Ranch and 2 tsp Dak's Green Zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Air fryer at 400 for about 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 ( Set aside to rest and cool ) If you do not have an air fryer, bake at 350 for about 15-20.
- While chicken is cooling , grab your mini food processor or a knife and chop up the artichokes and onions.
- In a large bowl start to add all ingredients that are ready.
- Once chicken has cooled, place into the mini food processor or chop up with a knife super fine. Add to the bowl.
- Drain the spinach and add to the bowl.
- Add the shredded mozzarella and the light cream cheese. You can use whipped cream cheese if you do not have light.
- Slice the flat breads in half horizontally, set aside.
- Add remaining Dak's seasonings to the bowl and salt & pepper to taste.
- Once everything is into the bowl , mix up well.
- On the bottom of the casserole dish, put 1/2 cup of the verse salsa
- Take a heaping 1/3 cup of the mix and place into the flatbread pieces, roll up and place into the casserole ( I used a 10x7 )
- Once all six enchiladas are in the casserole, pour the remaining salsa verde on top and sprinkle the part skim mozzarella. If you don't have part skim, use more fat free mozzarella.
- Spray one side of the foil with cooking spray and cover the casserole with the foil, bake at 375 for about 20 minutes
- Uncover and bake for another 5-10 minutes, you can also set to broil for a little to get a tad brown on top.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley
Recipe can either serve 3 or 6 Serves 3: 9 Bites on Better Balance iTrackBites 466 Calories 10 WW ( Green ) 5 WW ( Blue & Purple ) Serves 6: 5 Bites on Better Balance iTrackBites 233 Calories