Our family loves all different forms and flavors of banana bread! My kids devour a loaf usually in a day and if my husband approves it, anyone will!
This recipe comes from my banana muffin recipe just adjusted a little with a few ingredients added as well. My Banana Muffin recipe can also be found here on my blog as well.
Banana Fig Bread
- Loaf pan
- 3 Extra ripe bananas
- 1/3 Cup Egg substitute
- 1/4 Cup Non fat greek yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Cup Almond milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 Cup My fig jam recipe on my blog
- 1-2 Fresh figs sliced
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Spice I use Dak's Spices, or substitute cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl mash up 2 of the 3 bananas
- Add remaining ingredients besides the fig jam and fresh figs and let sit for about 5 minutes
- Spray the loaf pan generously with cooking spray to prevent sticking
- Chop up remaining banana and fold into batter.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan
- Tag the fig jam and plop all over the top of the batter. Take a knife or toothpick and swirl all around .
- Place fresh fig slices on top and bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Let rest for about 10 minutes before slicing and enjoy