This is a winner in my book. Not only do I love everything that involves buffalo chicken, its so versatile. Eat this as is with a side salad, put it into a tortilla or flatbread, make it into a pizza, calzone filling, dip, enchiladas or taquitos. They options are endless.
This was such a simple meal to put together and tasted amazing! The low carb option is also wonderful. You can definitely sub out for regular rice but I enjoy the cauliflower because you get your veggies in and you don’t really taste it.
Great option for my meal plan people as well. It makes great leftovers and like I said before you can use this for many different types of meals.
Skinny Buffalo Chicken & Rice Casserole
- Casserole dish
- Crockpot or Instant pop
- 1 Pound Chicken breast or rotisserie ( White meat only )
- 1 1/2 Cups Plain cauliflower rice I use frozen steam in bag
- 1/2 Cup Frank's Hot Sauce Or hot sauce of your choice
- 8 TBSP Alouette Reduced Garlic & Herb Cheese Spread
- 1/2 Cup Onion Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Celery Chopped
- 2 tsp Dak's Nothin But Ranch seasoning or Ranch seasoning of your choice
- 2 tsp Dak's Butt Kickin Buffalo seasoning Optional
- 1 3/4 Cup Fat free chedddar cheese Kraftj
- 1 oz. Gorgonzola cheese Optional
- Cook cauliflower rice according to package and set aside
- Preheat oven to 375
- Either use chopped up rotisserie chicken or have cooked chicken ready to use. I placed mine into my Instant-pot on pressure cook setting with a little salt, pepper and veggie bouillon base for about 10-11 minutes then once cooled enough to handle chopped up fine.
- Place chicken into a large bowl with the cauliflower rice, hot sauce, alouette, onion, celery , ranch seasoning, buffalo seasoning , 1 cup of the cheddar cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix up
- Place mixture into a oven safe casserole dish then sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese on top along with the gorgonzola cheese
- Place into the oven covered for about 20-25 minutes. If you'd like more browning on top turn broil on for a few seconds
- Remove and garnish with more hot sauce if desired and some scallions