This chili is a family favorite all year round but even more popular in the colder months. It is kid friendly and amazing as leftovers or for those that love to meal prep.
Its easy, delicious and super convenient for those that need a meal to set and forget.
When your 10 year old asks you to make chili you know its a good recipe.
The Best Chili
- Instant pot or crockpot
- Pan for sautéing ( If you do not have an Instant Pot )
- Dutch oven if you do not have a crockpot or Instant Pot
- 2 Pounds Ground beef 96/4
- 1 Bell pepper Chopped fine
- 1 15.5 oz. can Pinto beans Drained & rinsed
- 1 15.5 oz. can Black beans Drained & rinsed
- 1 15.5 oz. can Northern beans Drained & rinsed
- 2 15.25 oz. cans Corn ( No salt added ) Not drained
- 2 14.5 oz. cans Diced tomatoes Not drained
- 1 Can Rotel tomatoes Drained
- 8 oz. Tomato paste in tube or can
- 1 Cup Beef broth 1 tsp Beef bouillon with hot water mixed
- 3 TBSP Dark chili powder
- 1 TBSP Cocoa powder
- 2 TBSP Dak's Nothin But Ranch seasoning or McCormick seasoning
- 1 TBSP Onion powder
- 1 TBSO Garlc powder
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 TBSP Cumin
- 2 TBSO Dak's Taco Knight seasoning or Taco seasoning of your choice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup Fresh cilantro Chopped
- Cheese to garnish
- In a pan or Instant pot, brown beef until cooked all the way through. I use the saute setting on the instant pot.
- Add the peppers, canned goods, tomato paste and stir.
- Next add the beef broth , all of the spices and stir.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Set on low slow cooker setting for 4-6 hours.
- Once ready to serve. Season with salt and pepper to taste again then toss in the fresh cilantro.
- Garnish with cheese and serve with your choice of bread or corn bread.