Talk about comfort in a bowl! With these chilly months I love a good soup to keep me full for hours and warm my bones up! I also have always enjoyed Broccoli and Cheese soup but didn’t like how rich some were or how much …
Month: October 2021
Fall is here and I’m all about the easy comfort meals and this is definitely one of those! One pan meals are also my jam as well. Busy mom of 3 needs something with quick and easy clean up. Meal prep ideas? This reheats well …
Living in New England we get the cold months starting in the fall and when those days come all I want to enjoy is a bowl of soup! My Pasta Fagioli is one of those amazing hearty soups that just warm the soul right up.
Did I mention this soup was done in one pot and under an hour! This soup is also kid friendly and amazing for leftovers and meal prepping.
- Dutch oven, crockpot or Instant Pot
- Can opener
- Avocado oil for coating pan
- 1 1/4 Pounds Ground beef 96/4
- 1 1/2 Cups Onions Chopped
- 1 Cup Carrots Chopped, roughly
- 1 Cup Celery Chopped
- 1 TBSP Garlic minced
- 24 oz. Tomato sauce, no salt
- 32 oz. Fat free chicken broth
- 15 oz. Diced tomatoes , no salt
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Dried basil
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 1 tsp Italian blend
- 1 Cup Barilla Ditalini pasta Dry
- 1 Can Dark kidney beans ( 15 oz. ) drained and rinsed
- 1 Can Northern beans ( 15 oz. ) drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Cup Parsley chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- In a dutch oven coat lightly with avocado oil and brown beef
- Once beef is browned, set aside
- Add onions, carrots and celery to the pan until tender . If using a crockpot brown beef in separate pan then the onions, carrots and celery then place into the crockpot.
- Once vegetables are tender add the chicken broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, sugar, basil, oregano, thyme and Italian seasoning. Blend.
- Add the beef back into the pot
- Add the dry pasta and bring to a boil then simmer for about 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- Add beans, parsley and then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and enjoy
This has to be another family favorite and super comforting! Take this classic shepherd's pie turned into a healthier version but still absolutely delicious!
Fall is here and my Pumpkin Butter is fall in a dish. Need some more fall or pumpkin spice in your life? Well look no further!
This was the easiest recipe I’ve made this season and came together in less than 10 minutes! It reminds me of pumpkin pie filling and it was absolutely amazing!
Also, this was kid approved ( I did serve it with some whipped cream so that helped )
My Pumpkin Butter is great on pancakes, waffles, toast, swirled into some coffee, yogurt, oatmeal or even on top of some ice cream with whipped cream.
Skinny Pumpkin Butter
- Can opener
- 1 15 oz. can Pure pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie , Libby's brand
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Light brown suger unpacked
- 1 tsp Pumpkin pie spice I use Dak's Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 TBSP Maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- In a small sauce pan on low heat mix everything up until brown sugar is melted
- Serve warm or place into containers into the refrigerator for later
- You can also freeze as well