Fall is here and I’m all about the easy comfort meals and this is definitely one of those!
One pan meals are also my jam as well. Busy mom of 3 needs something with quick and easy clean up.
Meal prep ideas? This reheats well and can also freeze well no problem!
Roasted Butternut Squash & Sausage Lasagna Casserole
- Oven safe casserole dish
- 1 Large Butternut squash About 3 cups cooked
- Avocado oil to coat pan
- 1 Shallots Minced
- 3 Garlic cloves Minced
- 8 Barilla whole grain lasagna sheets Broken up
- 1 Cup Reserved pasta water
- 1/2 Cup Part skim ricotta
- 3 TBSP Alouette reduced garlic and herb
- 1 Bag Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 tsp Ground sage
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Kraft fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Cups Fresh spinach Chopped
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- First set oven to 425
- Slice butternut squash in half, season with salt & pepper and place cut side open down on a sheet pan and roast for about 40 minutes
- While squash is roasting, place frozen turkey sausage crumbles into a lightly greased shallow casserole pan ( I use a shallow dutch oven ). Remove when browned.
- In the same pan sauté the shallots for a few minutes until they are translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Once shallots and garlic are cooked get the lasagna sheets and break up into chunks. Cover the sheets with water, just enough to cover.
- Place lid over and cook until pasta is al dente. About 10-12 minutes. Most of the water should be used. do not strain.
- Once butternut squash is done, scoop out half and cut up the other half into large chunks.
- Add the part skim ricotta, alouette, seasonings , scooped butternut squash and put sausage back in.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Once all combined, time to add the chopped spinach and mix until wilted. Top with chunks of butternut squash.
- Sprinkle mozzarella on top , place back into oven until melted. Garnish with parmesan and serve.