Talk about comfort in a bowl! With these chilly months I love a good soup to keep me full for hours and warm my bones up! I also have always enjoyed Broccoli and Cheese soup but didn’t like how rich some were or how much cheese some places added and also some of them were so rich you could only have a few spoonsful.
Not mine, you can enjoy a generous portion without the guilt and without needed a massive glass of water to calm down how rich it is.
With my Guilt Free Cheesy Broccoli & Ranch soup you will love the ease of it and will want this all fall and winter long.
This bowl is only 2 WW personal points for more than 1 cup serving.
Here is what you will need:
- Dutch oven or large pot
- Avocado oil
- Light butter
- Chicken broth
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Fat free american cheese
- Fat free cheddar cheese
- Whipped cream cheese
- Ground dry mustard
If you are looking for a lighter lower calorie substitute, then this is a great option
Finely shred the carrots manual or in a food processor
Dice the celery and onions nice and fine
A few garlic cloves is all you need for this recipe. You can use fresh garlic or minced already garlic
Kettle and Fire is the BEST for broth, stocks and prepared soups. If you’d like to try them out just click HERE for my discount
The only unsweetened almond milk I use. This one is great because it is low in calories and shelf stable before opening. I get this at Costco
The only bouillon I purchase.
You can use any cheese you would like, but this one is lower in calories
The only melty cheese I buy. There are other brands, but I love this brand.
I absolutely LOVE whipped cream cheese.
Here is how to make it:
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat up the avocado oil and butter until melted on medium heat
- Add the carrots, onions and celery and cook until tender
- Add in the minced garlic and cook for about 30 seconds
- Add the flour and sprinkle all over the veggies making sure they are nicely coated
- Season with the dried mustard and paprika
- Add the chicken broth, almond milk and chicken bouillon
- Bring to a boil to thicken
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Add the broccoli into the soup
- Once added, add the cheeses and bring to a quick boil then simmer until cheese are melted and combine
- Season again with salt and pepper to taste
Guilt Free Cheesy & Broccoli Soup
- Dutch oven/Large pot or Instant pot
- 4 Cups Cooked Broccoli Chopped fine
- 1 tsp Avocado oil
- 2 TBSP Light butter I use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- 1 Small Onion Dice fine
- 1/2 Cup Celery Dice fine
- 2 Cups Shredded carrots
- 1 TBSP Garlic Minced
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 2 Cups Kettle & Fire Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 TBSP Better Than Bouillon chicken base
- 1/2 tsp Ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Dak's Nothin But Ranch seasoning
- 4 Non fat american cheese slices Borden cheese brand
- 1 Cup Fat free cheddar cheese
- 2 oz. Neufchatel cream cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- First cook your broccoli and set aside. I use steam in bag broccoli out of convenience but you can use fresh.
- In a large pot ( I use a dutch oven ) place the avocado oil and light butter in. Once melted sauté the onions, celery and carrots until tender.
- Once veggies are tender add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Take the flour and sprinkle all over making sure to coat. Sauté just for about one minute.
- Add the chicken broth and the almond milk. Stir until combined.
- Add seasonings.
- Once broccoli has cooled off take 3 out of the 4 cups and chop up fine and add into soup.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Add the cheeses and bring to a boil then simmer immediately.
- Take the remaining broccoli and give it a good rough chop and add in. If you would like the soup not chunky you can add everything to a blender or use an immersion blender and blend.
- Season again with salt and pepper to taste and serve!