Talk about comfort in a bowl! With these chilly months I love a good soup to keep me full for hours and warm my bones up! I also have always enjoyed Broccoli and Cheese soup but didn’t like how rich some were or how much cheese some places added and also some of them were so rich you could only have a few spoonful’s.
Not mine, you can enjoy a generous portion without the guilt and without needed a massive glass of water to calm down how rich it is.
With my Guilt Free Cheesy Broccoli & Ranch soup you will love the ease of it and will want this all fall and winter long.
Guilt Free Cheesy Broccoli & Ranch Soup
- Dutch oven
- Instant pot or crockpot
- 4 Cups Cooked Broccoli I used steam in bags
- 1 tsp Avocado oil
- 2 TBSP Light butter I use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- 1 Small Onion Diced fine
- 1/2 Cup Celery Dinced fine
- 2 Cups Shredded carrots
- 1 TBSP Garlic Minced
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 2 Cups Fat free chicken broth
- 2 Cups Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp Knorr chicken bouillion
- 1/2 tsp Ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Dak's Nothin But Ranch seasoning
- 4 Non fat american cheese slices Borden cheese brand
- 1 Cup Fat free cheddar cheese
- 2 oz. Neufchatel cream cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- First cook your broccoli and set aside. I use steam in bag broccoli out of convenience but you can use fresh.
- In a large pot ( I use a dutch oven ) place the avocado oil and light butter in. Once melted sauté the onions, celery and carrots until tender.
- Once veggies are tender add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Take the flour and sprinkle all over making sure to coat. Sauté just for about one minute.
- Add the chicken broth and the almond milk. Stir until combined.
- Add the minced garlic and seasonings.
- Once broccoli has cooled off take 3 out of the 4 cups and chop up fine and add into soup.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Add the cheeses and bring to a boil then simmer immediately.
- Take the remaining broccoli and give it a good rough chop and add in.
- Season again with salt and pepper to taste and serve!