Who loves PSL? also known as Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Pumpkin Spice Lattes are the best part of Fall, It just warms your soul.
But I really wanted to turn a pumpkin spice latte into a very delicious treat that is full of protein and doesn’t really warm your soul haha.
Here is what you need:
- Ninja Creami ice cream maker
- Caramel protein shake
- Pumpkin puree
- Instant espresso
- Vanilla bean paste or extract
- Vanilla instant pudding mix
- Winternacht spice cookies
Here is the Ninja Creami and my best friend.
I love using this protein shake when it comes to anything with coffee. It is delicious and just works so well with the pumpkin flavor as well.
You can use any brand of pumpkin puree, but I love Libby’s. As long as it’s pure pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
This is the only brand I have used for many years for recipes, and it is because the espresso flavoring is so strong yet so delicious at the same time.
You can use vanilla bean paste or you can just use vanilla extract. This is the one I buy right off of Amazon.
My favorite instant pudding mix is from Simply Delish. It is plant based, low in carbs, zero sugar and keto friendly. To order simply click here and use code:chefallie10 for 10% off.
This is the brand I bought at Aldi; you can also find similar cookies at other grocery stores.
Here is how to make it:
- Place the ice cream base ingredients into the Ninja Creami pint container
- Mix until combine and place into the freezer for 24 hours
- Once frozen, place the pint without lid into the Ninja Creami bowl
- Place the lid with the blade onto the Ninja Creami bowl
- Press the “Ice Cream” button
- Once cycle is done, press the “re mix” button 5-6 times
- In between the re mixes scrape the sides of the pint and continue to re mix
- Once the ice cream is to your consistency add the cookie and press “mix in” button
Pumpkin Spice Latte Protein Ice Cream
- 1 Ninja Creami Ice Cream Maker
ICE CREAM BASE
- 1 11.5 oz. Fairlife caramel protein shake or shake of choice
- 3 TBSP Pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp Dak's Pumpkin Spice or spice brand of choice
- 3 tsp Cafe Bustelo instant espresso powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 TBSP Simply Delish vanilla pudding mix
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Winternacht spice cooki
- In the Ninja Creami pint, place all of the ice cream base ingredients into the pint
- Mix until combine
- Place the pint into the freezer for 24 hours
- Once frozen, place the pint (no lid) into the Ninja Creami bowl
- Place the top and blade attachment onto the bowl
- Place bowl into the machine and lock in
- Set the machine to the "Ice Cream" setting and let it run its course
- Once course is done hit the "re mix" button 5-6 times
- In between the re mixes take a spoon and scrap the edges of the pint down to help incorporate the mixture
- If you'd like to help the process along even more, add a splash of unsweetened almond milk into the center of the pint and re mix.
- Enjoy once nice and creamy