When I think of chocolate strawberries it makes me smile. I absolutely love them, but I do not like all of the calories and points for WW they bring along with it.
I decided to make another protein ice cream to taste close to a chocolate covered strawberry and it was delicious.
With only 205 calories for the ENTIRE pint and only 5 WW personal points you’ll be singing with happiness.
Here is what you will need:
- Ninja Creami ice cream maker
- Chocolate Fairlife protein shake (or shake of choice)
- Simply Delish instant chocolate pudding (or sugar free pudding)
- Vanilla bean paste or extract
- Freeze-dried strawberries
Here is the amazing Ninja Creami that makes all of these great recipes! Can order one here
I swear by the Fairlife shakes. I’ve tried other brands, but this one by far makes the most fulffiest and creamiest ice creams.
My favorite instant pudding mix is from Simply Delish. They are keto friendly, vegan friendly and sugar free as well. If you’d like try them out use code CHEFALLIE at Simply Delish.
You can certainly use regular vanila extract, but you will get more flavoring from vanilla bean paste. This is the one I order off of Amazon here.
When it comes to the strawberry flavoring, the freeze-dried fruits are the way to go. They have such strong flavors and i absolutely love the low calories they have as well. Here are the ones I order right off of Amazon right here.
Here is how to make it:
- In the Ninja Creami pint container combine the protein shake, pudding mix, vanilla bean paste and salt
- Mix until combine then place into the freezer with lid for 24 hours
- Once ready, take the pint lid off and place into the Ninja Creami bowl with the lid and blade
- Press the “lite ice cream” mode and let it run its course
- Once first cycle is done, repeat and press the “lite ice cream” button again
- If the ice cream isn’t creamy after the two lite ice cream cycles, continue to press the “re mix” button until nice and creamy
- Once creamy, take a spoon and make a hole in the center of the ice cream pint and pour the freeze-dried strawberries in
- Press the “add-in/mix in” button
- Once all combine, enjoy!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Protein Ice Cream
- 1 Ninja Creami Ice Cream Maker
- 1 11.5 oz. Fairlife chocolate protein shake or shake of choice
- 1 TBSP Simply Delish chocolate instant pudding mix or sugar free pudding, see notes for discount code for Simply Delish
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 individual Brothers All Natural freeze-dried strawberries
- In the Ninja Creami pint container add in all of the ice cream base ingredients
- Mix until combine and place into the freezer for 24 hours
- Once ready to go, place the ninja creami pint into the Ninja bowl with the lid and blade
- Press the "lite ice cream" button and let it run its couse
- After the first cycle, press the "lite ice cream" button again
- If the mixture isn't creamy enough, continue to press the "re-mix" button until nice and creamy
- Once creamy, take a spoon and make a hole in the center of the ice cream
- Add the freeze-dried strawberries and press the "add in" button
- Once combine, enjoy!