I personally LOVE cauliflower and what better way to enjoy it! I love cauliflower nachos aka Caulichos.
They can be made any way you would like and with whatever toppings you would like as well.
Nachos are also a great way to use up leftovers or anything you are trying to use up in the fridge, just throw it all on.
First off, you need to get your cauliflower. I always grab mine at Aldi, it is the cheapest. You then want to cut it up into bite size pieces.
Above are Dak’s Spices and you cannot go wrong with them. If you would ever like to buy and try use CODE:CHEFALLIE for a discount at Dak’s Spices
Also, if you have a Trader Joe’s around this is a great substitute for the Dak’s Street Taco seasoning. If you do not have the Dak’s Spices Taco Knight, you can use whatever you would like to for taco seasonings.
Next is to get it nice and roasted with a beautiful golden color.
This is the color you would like to get for the cauliflower after roasting it.
Sliced peppers, diced peppers etc. will work for this recipe.
You can use canned corn, frozen defrosted corn, leftover corn on the cobb, roasted corn etc.
I like to use whatever beans I have on hand. Pinto, black, northern or kidney
You can use any cheese you would like but this is the one I choose to use due to the low calories and low WW points.
I sweat by Bolthouse dressings, they are absolutely DELICIOUS!
Here is how to make them:
- Take the cauliflower and but up into bite size pieces
- One done, place onto a sheet pan and then spray with avocado oil
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and taco seasonings
- Place in a 425-degree oven and roast for 30-35 minutes
- Once done add the toppings you would like to warm up on top of the cauliflower
- Bake again until warm and cheese is melted
- Once done, garnish with the cold toppings and dressing
- Sheet pan
- 1 small Head of cauliflower
- Avocado oil Spray
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Dak's Steet Taco seasoning or seasoning of your choice
- Dak's Taco Knight seasoning or seasoning of your choice
- 1/4 Cup Tomatoes Sliced or diced
- 1/4 Cup Corn fresh, canned (drained) or frozen (defrosted)
- 1/4 Cup Peppers sliced
- 1/4 Cup Pinto beans or beans of choice
- 2 oz. Avocado Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Red onions Diced
- Cilantro Chopped
- Scallions Chopped
- 2 TBSP Bolthouse Cilantro avocado dressing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut the cauliflower to bite size pieces and place onto a parchment lined sheet pan
- Place the cauliflower down and spray with avocado oil
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and season with your choice of seasonings
- Roastt for 30-35 mintues or until tender and golden
- Add the toppings of your choice and cheese of choice
- Place back into oven until cheese is melted
- Garnish with your cold garnishes and dressing