Mint chocolate chip was the only ice cream I craved while pregnant with our oldest Ava. Some people love it, some people don’t. I personally love the taste and everything about it. This one was a super simple ice cream to make with low calories …
I’ll have to say that any coconut protein ice cream that I’ve made is probably one of my favorites.
They come out so creamy and delicious.
I thought of adding some caramel to my coconut base and wow did it turn out great!
Here is what you will need:
- Ninja Creami ice cream machine
- Fairlife caramel protein shake, or shake of choice
- Coconut extract
- Simply Delish vanilla instant pudding mix or pudding mix of choice
- Belvita coconut breakfast cookies or coconut cookies of choice
I’ve come to the conclusion that my favorite protein shake is the Failife brand. I have tried other and the Fairlife brand comes out the creamiest and the fluffiest. You can certainly use others, but Fairlife has been my favorite so far.
This is my favorite instant pudding mix. If you’d like to try them out use my code:CHEFALLIE10 for 10% off the site just click here
These Belvita breakfast cookie we usually have on hand in the house because my littles like them. I saw this flavor and knew that it would work really well with the protein ice cream.
For an extra caramel taste, I added a little swirl right when ready to serve and I’m glad I did.
Here is how to make it:
Coconut Caramel Protein Ice Cream
- 1 Ninja Creami Ice Cream Maker
ICE CREAM BASE
- 1 11.5oz Fairlife Caramel Protein Shake or shake of choice
- 1/4 tsp Coconut extract
- 1 TBSP Simply Delish vanilla instant pudding of sugar free vanilla pudding mix
- 1 Pinch salt
- 1 Belvita coconut breakfast cookie or coconut cookie of choice, Crushed
- 1/2 TBSP Smucker's sugar free caramel topping Optional
- In the Ninja Creami pint container add all of the ice cream base ingredeints
- Mix until fully combine
- Place the lid on and place into the freezer for 24 hours
- After 24 hours, take the pint lid off and place into the Ninja Creami bowl
- Put the Ninja Creami bowl top on with blade attach
- Turn machine on and press the "Ice Cream" button
- After that cycle is done, press the "re mix' button 5-6 times
- In between one of the re mixes scrap the sides of the pint and add a splash of unsweetened almond milk to help the process along
- Once nice and creamy, add the crushed-up cookie and press the "Mix in" button
- When ready, add a swirl of caramel on top and enjoy
My Crab Cauliflower Mac & Cheese recipe is a crab lover’s dream with some veggies for good measure.
It is rich with flavor but packed with a lot of protein keeping you full for hours.
This dish was done in under 30 minutes and made great for meal prep.
Here is what you will need:
- Light laughing cow wedges
- Cottage cheese
- Roasted garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- Lumb crab meat
- Old Bay seasoning
- Dak’s Lemon Pep seasoning or lemon pepper seasoning of choice
- Fresh lemons
- Pasta (I used protein pasta)
- Reserved pasta water
- Chicken bone broth, I use Kettle & Fire. Code: CHEFALLIESKITCHEN for 20% off at Kettle & Fire
Roasted cauliflower is one of my favorite roasted veggies.
In a 425-degree oven put some garlic sliced open onto some foil. Drizzle with some olive oil and cover up and place into the oven for 45-60 minutes until roasted and super soft
Here is the blender I use. Order that here if interested.
This is the crab that I buy at Costco.
The best seafood seasoning is Old Bay
My all-time favorite seasonings are from Dak’s Spices and they have ZERO salt. Code:Chefallie for 10% off
Here is how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and place the cut-up cauliflower onto a sheet pan.
- Spray the cauliflower with avocado oil and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Roast for 25 minutes (set aside)
- Get a saucepan with water ready for the pasta add some salt to the water
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente, set aside
- In a bowl season the crab with Old Bay seasoning, Lemon Pep seasoning, lemon zest, lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cauliflower, laughing cow, roasted garlic and salt and pepper into a food processor or mini blender
- In a sauté pan spray with avocado oil
- Add the onions and cook until translucent
- Add the chicken broth then the cauliflower cheese sauce
- Add reserved pasta water until consistency represents a cheese sauce
- Add the crab and pasta into the pan until warmed up
- Chopp spinach up and add to the pan until wilted
- Place some toasted breadcrumbs on top of the pan and place into the oven until golden brown
- Garnish with lemon juice and enjoy
Crab Cauliflower Mac & Cheese
- Sheet pan
- 1 Mini food processor or mini blender
- 1 Oven safe sauté pan
Cauliflower Cheese sauce
- 1 1/2 Cup Roasted cauliflower
- 1 Light laughing cow wedge
- 1/4 Cup Good Culture low fat cottage cheese
- 2 TBSP Roasted garlic see notes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 Cup Lumb crab meat
- 1/8 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Dak's Lemon Pep seasoning or lemon pepper seasoning of choice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Fresh lemon zest
- Splash lemon juice
- 4 oz Barilla Protein pasta weighed out dry
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Reserved pasta water
Pasta Add Ins
- 1/3 Cup Onions chopped or sliced
- 2 Cups Spinach
- 1/4 Cup Chicken bone broth
- 1/4 Cup whole wheat bread crumbs toasted
- Splash Lemon juice
- Get the water on the stove ready for pasta
- Roast the cauliflower at 425 degrees with a spray of avocado oil and season with salt & pepper. Roast for 25 minutes (set aside)
- In a bowl place the crab meat, Old Bay seasoning, lemon pep, lemon juice. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Place pasta into the water and cook until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water . Set pasta aside
- In a mini food processor or blender place the cauliflower, light laughing cow wedge, cottage cheese and roasted garlic. Blend until smooth
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside
- In a oven safe sauté pan spray with avocado oil and sauté onions until translucent
- Once the onions are translucent add the chicken broth and the cauliflower cheese sauce
- Add the pasta and the reserved pasta slowly until cheese sauce is thickened but not too thick
- Add the crab and pasta until everything is warmed back up
- Chop the spinach and add to the sauté pan and mix until wilted
- Sprinkle the toasted breadcrumbs on top and place into a 375-degree oven and cook until brown on top and bubbly on the edges
- Garnish with some lemon juice and enjoy
This amazing Apple Pie Biscotti Protein Ice Cream tasted like the real deal but WAY better for you and packed with protein keeping you full for MANY hours.
I also used my Crockpot Cinnamon Apples recipe which took this over the top with flavor.
Here is what you will need:
- Ninja Creami ice cream maker
- Vanilla protein shake of choice
- My Crockpot Cinnamon Appes
- DIJAS Natural Foods Apple Biscotti
- Vanilla bean paste or extract
- Simply Delish sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix (link gives you 10% off)
This Ninja Creami has been life changing and the BEST investment!
I use Fairlife and Premier Protein shakes. I have noticed the taste and texture is better with the Fairlife but I do use Premier since they are easier to find.
I absolutely love the Simply Delish pudding mix. It is Keto, plant based, zero sugar, low calories with excellent taste. If you’d like a discount on the website click here and use CODE:CHEFALLIE10
If you haven’t made my Crockpot Cinnamon Apples, you need to make them especially with fall around the corner.
When DIJAS Natural Foods approached me to try their products I was SOLD once I tried them. They are SO low in calories and make AWESOME add ins for my ice cream recipes.
Love these fat free delicious biscotti from DIJAS Natural Foods. Only one is needed on my recipes and they just complete the ice cream. Click here for the site and use code:chefallie for a discount
How to make this:
- Place the ice cream base ingredients into the Ninja Creami pint and mix very well
- Place into the freezer for 24 hours
- Once the base is frozen, place the pint into the Ninja Creami bowl with the lid and blade attachment.
- Press the “Ice Cream” button
- After that has run its course, press the “re mix” button 5-6 times
- Add a splash of unsweetened almond milk in between one of the re mixes to help the process along
- Once it is nice and creamy, Place the crushed biscotti into the center of the pint and hit the “Add in” button
Apple Pie Biscotti Protein Ice Cream
- 1 Ninja Creami ice cream machine
ICE CREAM BASE
- 1 11.5oz Fairlife vanilla protein shake or Premier protein vanilla shake
- 1/4 Cup My Crockpot CInnamon Apples https://chefallieskitchen.com/2020/09/09/crockpot-cinnamon-apples/
- 1 TBSP Simply Delish vanilla instant pudding mix or pudding of your choice
- 1/8 tsp Vanilla bean paste or extract
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 DIJAS Apple Cinnamon Biscotti cookie Crushed and or cookies of your choice
- In the Ninja Creami pint container, put the "Ice Cream" base ingredients in.
- Mix until combine and place into the fridge with the lid on for 24 hours
- Once frozen, Place the pint into the Ninja Creami bowl and cover with lid and blade attachment
- Press the "Ice Cream" button
- After the "Ice Cream" sequence is done, Pres "re mix" 5-6 times and in between one of those re mixes splash a little unsweetened almond milk into the center of the pint
- Once creamy and ice cream constancy, add the crushed-up biscotti to the pint and press "Add in" button