Shepherd’s Pie With Brown Gravy & Thyme Butter Potatoes
Shepherd's Pie With Brown Gravy & Thyme Butter Potatoes
This has to be another family favorite and super comforting! Take this classic shepherd's pie turned into a healthier version but still absolutely delicious!
- Pressure cooker or large pot
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- 3 Pounds Potatoes I use Yukon
- 32 oz. Fat free chicken broth
- 3 TBSP Light butter
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened almond milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
Beef & Brown Gravy
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 2 Pounds Ground beef 96/4
- 3 Garlic cloves minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp Fresh thyme sub 1 tsp dried thyme if fresh isn't available
- 1 TBSP Cornstarch
- 1/2-2/3 Cup Hot water
- 1 tsp Better Than Boullion beef base
- 2 Frozen bags mixed veggetables
Thyme Butter Topping
- 2 TBSP Light butter melted
- 1 tsp Fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- If you have a pressure cooker then you need to bust it out and use it.
- First peel potatoes and cut into uniform sizes ( big 2" chunks )
- Place potatoes into the pressure cooker and pour the fat free chicken broth over the potatoes making sure the potatoes are covered completely.
- Set to high pressure for 11 minutes
- Once done, release steam, strain liquid and place into a stand mixer with whisk attachment or into a bowl and get and handheld mixer
- Add the 3 TBSP light butter, 1/2 cup almond milk and mix until light and fluffy. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside
- In a pan saute the onions until translucent. Add garlic and saute for another 30 seconds
- Add the beef and cook until completely cooked through.
- Add 1/2 tsp fresh thyme , beef bouillon base and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once beef is cooked through take a bowl , pour the hot water in and whisk in the cornstarch.
- Pour the mixture into the beef mixture and cook until a nice brown gravy forms
- Pour the frozen veggies over the beef mixture then put the mashed potatoes on top of the veggies
- Set oven to 375 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes
- Pour melted butter and thyme mixture over the top, set oven to low broil and broil until golden brown
- Serve and enjoy
Recipe serves 8 4 WW ( Purple plan ) 7 WW ( Blue & Green plan ) 8 Bites on Better Balance iTrackBites 365 Calories
Just delicious! It doesn’t taste “diet” at all!
Yes that’s the way I like it! 🤗🤗