Mint chocolate chip was the only ice cream I craved while pregnant with our oldest Ava.
Some people love it, some people don’t. I personally love the taste and everything about it.
This one was a super simple ice cream to make with low calories and points yet packed with protein.
Here is what you need:
- Ninja Creami ice cream machine
- Fairlife vanilla protein shake or shake of choice
- Simply Delish vanilla instant pudding mix
- Mint extract
- Vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- Green food coloring
- Sugar free chocolate chips or chocolate of your choice
If you haven’t heard of the Ninja Creami you need to look into it, it is amazing! This appliance has changed the game when it comes to being able to enjoy an entire pint of ice cream guilt free. Grab one here.
When it comes to using the perfect protein shake, I swear by the Fairlife brand. It makes the creamiest and fluffiest ice creams.
If you would like to try this amazing pudding from Simply Delish use code:chefallie at Simply Delish
You can use any brand of mint extract you’d like. This is the one I use from Amazon, you can get it here.
You can certainly use vanilla extract but using vanilla bean paste like the one here makes an amazing flavor! Grab it here.
I use the “grass green” food coloring from this set to get the perfect color for the mint chocolate chip. I love using these sets of colors. I bought the set here off of Amazon.
If you love chocolate but do not want the sugar, here is the brand I love to use from Lily’s.
Here is how to make it:
- In the Ninja Creami ice cream maker pint container pour the Fairlife vanilla protein shake, Simply Delish vanilla instant pudding mix, mint extract, vanilla bean paste/vanilla extract, green food coloring and a pinch of salt
- Place the pint container lid on top and place into the freezer for 24 hours
- Once ready, place the pint container into the Ninja Creami bowl and place the lid with blade attachment onto the Ninja creami bowl
- Press the “Lite ice cream” button and let it run the cycle
- Press the same button 2-3 more times until light and creamy
- Chop the chocolate chip, add to the ice cream then press the “mix in” button
Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Ice Cream Maker
ICE CREAM BASE
- 1 11.5 oz Fairlife vanilla protein shake or shake of choice
- 1 TBSP Simply Delish vanilla instant pudding mix or pudding of choice
- 1-2 Drops Mint extract
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 3-4 Drops Green food coloring
- 1 Pinch salt
- 24 Lily's dark chocolate chips
- In the ninja creami pint combine all of the ice cream base ingredients until combine
- Place into the freezer for 24 hours
- Once ready, remove pint lid and place into the ninja creami bowl with the lid and blade attachment
- Set the ninja creami to the "Lite ice cream" mode
- Hit the "lite ice cream" button 3-4 more times until creamy
- Chop up the lily's chocolate chips and add to the ice cream
- Place back into the machine and press the "mix in " button