Eggnog Protein Ice Cream
I love a good cold cup of eggnog during the holidays.
How about an ENTIRE pint of almond-nog protein ice cream? This entire pint is 6 WW points, ONLY 158 calories and has 16.3 grams of protein in it.
Being able to have an ENTIRE pint of ice cream for the holidays or any day sounds WONDERFUL!
Here is what you will need:
- Ninja CREAMi ice cream maker
- Fairlife vanilla protein shake (11.5 oz.)
- Almond Nog (I use Aldi brand)
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Simply Delish vanilla instant pudding mix
- Vanilla extract or paste
- Nutmeg (Freshly grated or pre-ground)
- Mini Nilla wafers
- fat free Reddi whip
Here is the amazing Ninja CREAMi ice cream maker. You can order yours at Ninja site HERE and use code CHEFALLIE15 for 15 % off or at Amazon HERE
I personally LOVE the Fairlife brand for protein shakes. They do not give a weird aftertaste like other brands, and they truly make the ice creamy super creamy.
Many brands now make almond-nog, I found this one at Aldi. It is delicious on its own and SUPER low in calories.
Simply Delish is my favorite brand for pudding mixes. If you’d like to try it out, use code CHEFALLIE and click HERE.
You can either use vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste. HERE is the paste I get from Amazon.
Here is the vanilla bean paste I get from Amazon. You can order yours HERE
Here are the mini nilla wafers I use for the mix-in. You can use whatever you want but this is what I had on hand and worked out perfectly.
Here is how to make it:
- Combine all of the ice cream base ingredients into the Ninja CREAMi pint container
- Place the lid onto the pint container and freeze for 24 hours
- Once ready, remove from the freezer and place into the Ninja CREAMi bowl
- Place the bowl top on
- Press the “light ice cream” button 2-3 times
- If not creamy yet, press the “re-spin” button 1-2 times after until creamy consistency
- Once creamy, add the crushed mini nilla wafters to the center of the pint and press the “mix-in” button
- Once mixed, ENJOY!
Eggnog Protein Ice Cream
- 1 Ninja Creami
ICE CREAM BASE
- 1/2 bottle Fairlife vanilla protein shake each bottle is 11.5 oz.
- 3 fluid oz. Almond-Nog I used Aldi brand
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 pinch Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP Simply Delish vanilla pudding mix
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 7 each Mini nilla wafers
- Fat free reddi whip optional
- Fresh grated nutmeg to garnish
- Mix all of the ice cream base ingredients into the Ninja CREAMi pint until completely incorporated
- Place into the freezer for 24 hours
- Once frozen, add to the Ninja CREAMi base
- Press the "light ice cream" button 2-3 times
- If not yet creamy, press the "re-mix" button
- Once creamy, add the mix-in to the center of the ice cream
- Press the "mix-in" button
- Enjoy once done