Candy Cane Protein Ice Cream
Introducing the delicious and exciting candy cane protein ice cream! Get ready to have your taste buds tingling with joy as you dive into a frozen treat that combines the classic flavors of candy canes with the health benefits of protein. This dessert is not only incredibly tasty but also perfect for those who are looking to satisfy their sweet tooth while maintaining a balanced diet.
One of our favorite ice cream flavors around Christmas is the candy cane ice cream. It is so fun with little bits of the candy cane inside and I love the flavoring as well as the pretty pink color.
I decided to make a healthier version of that, and it came out PERFECT! The ENTIRE pint is 6 WW points and only 221 calories.
Here is what you need:
- Ninja CREAMi ice cream maker
- Fairlife vanilla protein shake
- Red or pink food coloring
- Vanilla extract or paste
- Peppermint extract
- Simply Delish vanilla instant pudding mix
- Candy cane or peppermints
- Sprinkles (optional)
Here is the AMAZING Ninja CREAMi ice cream maker. Gran yours HERE at the Ninja website with code CHEFALLIE15 fort 15% off or HERE on AMAZON
Here are the food colorings I use for so many things. This set comes with red and pink that works great for this ice cream. Grab yours HERE.
Here is the peppermint extract I get from Amazon. Grab it HERE
Simply Delish is my favorite brand to use for instant pudding mixes. I also have a code for a discount on the site. Use code CHEFALLIE at Simply Delish.
You can use candy canes and break them up, candy cane pieces or the small peppermints. Either way, they all work.
Here is how to make it:
- Place all of the ice cream base ingredients into the Ninja CREAMi pint.
- Once all combine place into the freezer for 24 hours
- After 24 hours, place the pint into the Ninja CREAMi bowl
- Press the “light ice cream” button 1-2 times until creamy
- To help, add a splash of unsweetened almond milk to the center of the pint before hitting light ice cream for the second time
- Once creamy, take the crushed candy candys and sprinkles and place into the center of the ice cream
- Press the “mix-in” button until mixed together
Candy Cane Protein Ice Cream
- 1 Ninja Creami Ice Cream Maker
ICE CREAM BASE
- 1 11.5 oz. Fairlife vanilla protein shake
- 1 TBSP Simply Delish vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 Dash Peppermint extract
- 1-2 Drops Red or pink food coloring
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/8 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Small Round peppermint candies Crushed
- Christmas sprinkle optional
- In the Ninja CREAMi pint add the protein shake, Simply Delish sugar free vanilla pudding mix, peppermint extract, food coloring, salt and vanilla
- Mix until combined
- Place into the freezer for 12-24 hours
- Once ready to make, place the pint into the Ninja CREAMi base and press light ice cream
- Once that mode is done, hit again if not creamy.*ADD A SPLASH OF UNSWEETENED ALMOND MILK INTO THE CENTER OF THE PINT BEFORE RUNNING SECOND LIGHT ICE CREAM MODE**
- Once creamy, add the crushed candy into the center of the pint and hit the mix in button
- Sprinkle with some Christmas sprinkles and enjoy!