Homemade Fig Jam
Homemade Fig Jam
Fall ingredients and food have to be my favorite! Figs are amazing and can bring sweet and savory together so well. This is great on toast, with cheese, on a pizza! Possibilites are endless!
- Food processor
- 10 Figs ( Quartered & Stems removed )
- 1/4 Cup Monkfruit Sweetener ( Or sugar of your choice, WW Points will go up)
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 TBSP Pure Maple Syrup ( Can use sugar free for less WW points )
- 2 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Remove stems from figs and quarter then ( Skin on )
- Place in small pot or pan with all of the ingredients
- Bring to a low boil and let boil for just a few minutes
- Once done boiling, bring down to a low simmer for about 10-15 minutes to help start thicken
- Once it has thickened, pour into food processor and blend until smooth
chefallieskitchen.com Recipe yeilds 1 Cup 1 Cup – 3 WW , 3 Bites on Better Balance 219 & Calories 1/2 Cup – 2 WW , 2 Bites on Better Balance & 110 Calories 1/4 Cup – 1 WW , 1 Bite on Better Balance & 55 Caloires Use regular sugar, points, Bites & calories will change Swap maple syrup for sugar free syrup, points, bites and calories will change
So happy to find this as I l-o-v-e figs! I used dried figs as that is what I had. Can’t wait to have it on my toast! Do you know why WW has more points for dried figs versus fresh? Do you think since I used dried it would matter on points since it was made into a jam and they aren’t being eaten alone?
The sugar is broken down in dried figs that’s why: I love figs too!!! So happy you enjoyed it: what’s the point difference?
11 points for 10 figs so it came out to 1T=1 point-Blue.
This was so awesome as a topping on my Fage 0% yogurt…so yummy!
Yes yes!!! Love it on yogurt bowls!!
I made this last night and it was delicious! Thank you!
Yay!!! I cannot wait for fig season here again to make it! Thanks for commenting!
I made this last night and it was delicious! Thank you! Mine did not get as thick as what yours looks like in your picture. Any suggestions?