Zero Point Berry Sauce
My Blueberry/Berry sauce has been a staple since the beginning of my weight loss journey. I made it every week and will continue to make it every week because it is that good.
It is extremely east to make, takes minimal time to make and stores well and stays fresh for weeks in the fridge.
Here is what you will need:
- Fresh or frozen blueberries or mixed berries
- Lemon zest
- Fresh lemon juice
- Monkfruit sweetener (optional)
- Dak’s Pumpkin Spice or Cinnamon
My Berry Sauce is a weekly staple in my house.
I use it on mostly oatmeal bowls, overnight oats, my baked oatmeals and yogurt bowls. I have even used it on dessert pizzas.
No matter how you use it, you’ll love it as much as I do and it’ll become a weekly staple for you as well.
I also use just frozen berries from Aldi instead of blueberries making it a great berry sauce for zero points.
Zero Point Blueblerry Sauce
- Small Pot
- 2 pints Fresh or frozen blueberries or mixed berries
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cuo Monkfruit sweetner
- Zest of lemon
- Juice of lemon
- 1 pinch Dak's Pumpkin Spice seasoning or pumpkin spice seasoning of your choice
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 splash Pure vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Combine all ingredients into a small saucepan, including the 1/2 cup water listed.
- Bring to a boil
- Once boiling mash up the blueberries
- Lower heat to a simmer and if the sauce isn't thick enough add a slurry SLURRY+= 1 TBSP cornstarch with about 2-3 TBSP water, make sure to mix those up before pouring into blueberry mixture)
- Bring to a low boil to thicken then back down to a simmer.
- Remove Sauce from heat, let it cool and ENJOY!Store in the refrigerator for 7-10 days in an airtight container or you can freeze.
Making this for the first time. Excited!🤗
So so good!!!! Cannot wait to hear what you think!! 🥰
This looks amazing! How long does this keep in the fridge?
Over a week. It lasts a while but doesn’t last long in my fridge 🥳😆
Can I use stevia? I am not familiar with monk fruit sweetener
Yes I would just use less since it’s a lot sweeter than Monkfruit
For those of us who can’t use the Monk fruit sweetener, could we use half that amount of Truvia or the same amount of Splenda for Baking (If we can tolerate the Splenda)?
Have you ever done this with frozen cherries?
Yes yes! I have one recipe on my Instagram page using dark frozen cherries
This is a game changer; it is delish and is a great addition to yogurt, pancakes, whipped cream…
I make this with both blueberries & strawberries at least a couple times a month. So good, so easy, so convenient!
So delicious! Can part of it be frozen for future use?
Absolutely delicious! Tastes just like my blueberry pie filling. Mmmmm :). I’m having it with 0% Greek yogurt for breakfast mixed with bran buds and flax seeds.
Any idea of calorie content?
I can look into updated it for you! 🥰
I would love to know the calorie count also! 😊
About 32 calories per serving
About 32 calories per serving
Could I use xantham powder instead of cornstarch for the slurry?
Yes of course, just a tiny bit though 🙃