Zero Point Berry Sauce
My Blueberry/Berry sauce has been a staple since the beginning of my weight loss journey. I made it every week and will continue to make it every week because it is that good.
It is extremely east to make, takes minimal time to make and stores well and stays fresh for weeks in the fridge.
Here is what you will need:
- Fresh or frozen blueberries or mixed berries
- Lemon zest
- Fresh lemon juice
- Monkfruit sweetener (optional)
- Dak’s Pumpkin Spice or Cinnamon
My Berry Sauce is a weekly staple in my house.
I use it on mostly oatmeal bowls, overnight oats, my baked oatmeals and yogurt bowls. I have even used it on dessert pizzas.
No matter how you use it, you’ll love it as much as I do and it’ll become a weekly staple for you as well.
I also use just frozen berries from Aldi instead of blueberries making it a great berry sauce for zero points.
Zero Point Blueblerry Sauce
- Small Pot
- 2 pints Fresh or frozen blueberries or mixed berries
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cuo Monkfruit sweetner
- Zest of lemon
- Juice of lemon
- 1 pinch Dak's Pumpkin Spice seasoning or pumpkin spice seasoning of your choice
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 splash Pure vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Combine all ingredients into a small saucepan, including the 1/2 cup water listed.
- Bring to a boil
- Once boiling mash up the blueberries
- Lower heat to a simmer and if the sauce isn't thick enough add a slurry SLURRY+= 1 TBSP cornstarch with about 2-3 TBSP water, make sure to mix those up before pouring into blueberry mixture)
- Bring to a low boil to thicken then back down to a simmer.
- Remove Sauce from heat, let it cool and ENJOY!Store in the refrigerator for 7-10 days in an airtight container or you can freeze.