Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- 2 Pounds trimmed beef eye round or roast Cut into 2 inch chunks
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 Cups Sliced mushrooms
- 2 Cups Sliced onions
- 2 tsp Steakhouse seasoning ( I use Dak's spices , linked in notes )
- 2 tsp Ranch seasoning ( I use Dak's Spices, linked in notes )
- 2 tsp Dried dill
- 1 TBSP Dried thyme
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 3 Cups Unsalted beef broth
- 3 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Cup Light sour cream
- 1/2 Cup Whipped cream cheese
- 2 TBSP Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 12 oz. Light & fluffy egg noodles
- 2 TBSP Grated parmesan
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Parsley or scallions to garnish
- Before throwing everything into the crockpot ( Which you can ) i took my beef out and let it come to room temperature. I then seasoned with salt and peper and in a hot cast iron skillet seared the beef to seal in those juices.
- Place into the crockpot once all are seared ( Do not cook all the way through )
- Add the mushrooms, onions, all seasonings, broth, mustard and worcestershire sauce
- Mix up and set crockpot on low for 6-8 hours or until beef is tender
- Add sour cream and cream cheese in a little at a time, stiring after each time. This will help so that the dairy doesnt break.
- Mix up the cornstarch and water to make a slurry. This helps thicken the sauce. Pour into the crockpot, mix up and place on high for 10 minutes.
- While that is on high, get your pasta ready. Cook to al dente then add into the crockpot.
- If the sauce is too thick you can add some more water.
- Add the parmesan cheese, mix up, serve and garnish with some parsley or scallions
Chefallieskitchen.com Recipe serves 8 at 2 cup portions 10SP on all WW plans