This dish is packed full of flavors! It is rich , decadent but lightened up to perfection!
My creamy Cajun pasta dish is the best! It is creamy and everyone will enjoy it! Not a big fan of spicy food? That’s ok, you can omit or lighten up the spice, either way you’ll love it!
Want to know the best part? It came together in less than 30 minutes , that’s my kind of meal!
The cream sauce only requires a few minutes and the pasta soaks up all the flavors and sauce! Combine that with the tender and succulent shrimp that is perfectly coated in the Cajun seasonings!
Recipe serves 7; HEAPING 1 cup portions
6 WW 🔵 🟣 7 🟢
6 Bites on Better Balance iTrackBites
• 1 Bag ( 12 oz. ) Al Dente Carba-Nada Fusilli Pasta ( Pasta coming soon )
• 1 tsp Knorr chicken bouillon flavoring
• 3 Cups reserved pasta water
• 1 1/2 pounds shrimp ( I used frozen raw shrimp from Costco , thawed.)
• Dak’s Spices Cajun Voodoo seasoning & an all purpose Cajun seasoning ( season with your heart )
• 1 Shallot diced
• 2T I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter The Light One
• 2 tsp minced garlic
• 1 Cup fat free half & half
• 4 Target Good & Gather garlic & herb spreadable cheese wedges
• 1 1/4 Cup fat free Kraft mozzarella
• 3T Aldi grated parmesan cheese
• Salt & Pepper to taste
• 3 – 4 Cup chopped fresh spinach
• 2 Pints roasted grape tomatoes
• Scallions to garnish
• Lemon zest and juice to garnish
• I roasted the tomatoes while the pasta was getting cooked but you can always pre roast them . I sprayed lightly with avocado oil and roasted at 400 for about 20 minutes.
• In a pot of salted boiling water , place the 1 tsp of Knorr bouillon flavoring & the fusilli pasta. Cook according to package, reserve 3 cups of pasta water. Once done set cooked pasta and reserved pasta water aside.
• While pasta is cooking season shrimp with the Cajun seasonings ( season with your heart ). Spray a pan lightly with avocado oil and cook shrimp just for 1-2 minutes on each side or until pink. Set shrimp aside. ( I used my Lodge enamel cast iron casserole dish )
• In the same pan used for the shrimp ( if not too dirty from cooked spices ) place the 2T of butter in until melted. Place the shallots in and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
• Add the fat free half & half and the cheese wedges. Once melted slowly add the reserved pasta water ( 1/2 cup at a time to help thicken and make the sauce ). While slowly adding the rest of pasta water put the rest of cheeses into sauce.
• Once all cheeses and pasta water has been used bring to a low boil to help thicken sauce. Add the reserved pasta and mix until coated. Add the chopped spinach and roasted tomatoes. You can always add additional Cajun seasoning to your pasta and sauce or leave it as is. I added a pinch. Once all mixed in, season with salt and pepper to taste then add the shrimp and garnish with lemon zest, lemon juice and scallions.
~ 𝓒𝓱𝓮𝓯 𝓐𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓮
CODE:CHEFALLIE10 SAVES YOU 10% OFF AT DAK’S SPICES