My Crab Cauliflower Mac & Cheese recipe is a crab lover’s dream with some veggies for good measure. It is rich with flavor but packed with a lot of protein keeping you full for hours. This dish was done in under 30 minutes and made …
This was such a delicious and easy meal that came together in less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
This meal is made with my Basil Spinach Pesto and brightens this dish beyond belief. It uses rotisserie chicken for convenience and amazing fiber packed pasta!
Pesto Penne Pasta with Chicken
- Chicken bouillon base optional
- 8 oz Fiber Gourmet Light Penne or pasta of your choice
- 1 Cup reserved pasta water
- 1 1/2 Cups Tomatoes cut if large
- 1/3 Cup Basil Spinach Pesto Recipe on my blog, linked in notes
- 1/4 Cup Grated parmesan
- 1/2 Pound Rotisserie chicken chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Get the water ready for your pasta and add the chicken bouillon (optional) for extra flavoring. Reserve pasta water and set aside once cooked
- In a deep pan place the tomatoes and sear just for a few minutes
- Deglaze the pan with the reserved pasta water while scraping the bits off the bottom of the pan
- Add my Basil Spinach Pesto until all coated
- Add the cheese, chicken and more tomatoes if desired
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy
This dish was so easy to put together and kept me full for so many hours. It is PACKED full of protein from the pasta, cottage cheese and the chicken. It also has amazing flavor from Kettle & Fire Classic Chicken Bone Broth. These meals …
Growing up my mom would make my sister and me a simple pasta dish with elbow pasta, butter, black pepper with cottage cheese. I wanted to make that nostalgic dish into an adult version so that is what I did.
The key to the pasta when growing up and now is to add the cold or slightly chilled cottage cheese at the end of the cooking process, that was key.
For some reason the hot buttery pasta paired so so well with the black pepper and cold cottage cheese that eventually warmed up from the hot pasta. Just brings me back.
I wanted to recreate that dish with some veggies and a protein, and I did just that. Not only is is delicious it can be made in one pan.
I decided to make my chicken in the air fryer just because it’s one of my favorite ways to make my chicken, but you can certainly make the whole dish, including the chicken in one pan!
One Pan Pasta with Broccoli, Cottage Cheese & Chicken
- Pot or pan
- Air fryer or oven
- Avocado oil spray to coat pan
- 1 Small Shallot or onion Chopped
- 1 TBSP Garlic minced
- 2 oz. Whole wheat elbow pasta Dry
- 2 Cups Water or unsalted chicken broth Or until pasta is covered
- Salt for pasta water
- 1- 1 1/2 Cups Cooked broccoli Chopped
- 3/4 Cup Cottage cheese (Low fat or your choice) I use Good Culture brand
- Splash Lemon juice
- 1 Chicken breast
- Dak's Nothin But Ranch seasoning or seasoning of your choice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Zest of a lemon
- Parsley to garnish, optional
- 1 tsp Grated parmesan cheese optional
- I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray to garnish
- First get your chicken into the air fryer or you can also cook in the pan you are cooking the whole meal in. If cooking in an air fryer set to 380/390 season chicken and cook until 165 degrees. If cooking in the pan season chicken and cook through, then set aside.
- While chicken is cooking, sauté onions in a light coating of avocado oil until translucent. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the dry pasta and cooking liquid. Cover pan with lid and cook on med-high for about 8 minutes or until pasta is cooked to al dente.
- Add the chopped cooked broccoli, lemon juice and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked sliced chicken, lemon zest and parsley to garnish
- Add parmesan cheese and butter (optional) to garnish
Living in New England we get the cold months starting in the fall and when those days come all I want to enjoy is a bowl of soup! My Pasta Fagioli is one of those amazing hearty soups that just warm the soul right up.
Did I mention this soup was done in one pot and under an hour! This soup is also kid friendly and amazing for leftovers and meal prepping.
- Dutch oven, crockpot or Instant Pot
- Can opener
- Avocado oil for coating pan
- 1 1/4 Pounds Ground beef 96/4
- 1 1/2 Cups Onions Chopped
- 1 Cup Carrots Chopped, roughly
- 1 Cup Celery Chopped
- 1 TBSP Garlic minced
- 24 oz. Tomato sauce, no salt
- 32 oz. Fat free chicken broth
- 15 oz. Diced tomatoes , no salt
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Dried basil
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 1 tsp Italian blend
- 1 Cup Barilla Ditalini pasta Dry
- 1 Can Dark kidney beans ( 15 oz. ) drained and rinsed
- 1 Can Northern beans ( 15 oz. ) drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Cup Parsley chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- In a dutch oven coat lightly with avocado oil and brown beef
- Once beef is browned, set aside
- Add onions, carrots and celery to the pan until tender . If using a crockpot brown beef in separate pan then the onions, carrots and celery then place into the crockpot.
- Once vegetables are tender add the chicken broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, sugar, basil, oregano, thyme and Italian seasoning. Blend.
- Add the beef back into the pot
- Add the dry pasta and bring to a boil then simmer for about 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- Add beans, parsley and then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and enjoy
Get ready for your new favorite couscous dish! Perfect for spring and summer! Bring this to your next party or upcoming BBQ! Add a protein like chicken or steak and you have yourself a wonderful and flavorful meal. Look no further, you are going to …