Chicken Parmesan Zucchini Boats
Something so simple yet feels so decadent! Need an easy weeknight dinner? Need a quick and delicious idea for entertaining?Use the vegetables that are in season ( Chef tip for you ) Took some delicious in season zucchini and made a super easy and yummy filling. This dinner was another 30 minute recipe, that is my kind of dinner!
- Sheet pan
- 3 each Zucchini Medium
- 1 small Onion diced fine
- 2 tsp Garlic minced
- 1 Pound Ground chicken 99% fat free
- 1 1/2 TBSP Italian seasoning I did combo of Italian and Dak's Italian Blast
- 1 Cup Marinara Aldi brand
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 TBSP Grated parmesan
- 1/4 Cup Parsley fresh and chopped
- 1/2 Cup Part skim mozzarella
- Set oven to 400
- Cut ends off of the zucchini
- Scoop out the innards and set aside
- Spray lightly with avocado oil and season with salt and pepper
- Cook for 20 minutes
- While zucchini is cooking, prepare the filling. In a pan, spray lightly with avocado oil and sauté onion until translucent then add the garlic and cook for an addition 30 seconds.
- Add the ground chicken and Italian seasonings and cook chicken all the way through.
- Add the marinara sauce and zucchini innards. Cook on low until the water from the zucchini is evaporated
- Sprinkle the grated parmesan and parsley. Mix until combined
- Scoop the filling into the zucchini boats and top with more sauce. Place back into the oven for about 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Place under broiler if needed or wanted.
- Garnish with some fresh basil if desired.