This has to be one of my top 3 for comfort meals. This is also one of my husbands overall favorite meal so it all worked out in the end.
When I saw my 3 kids actually enjoy this and eat it, I almost fainted! It is super hard to get kids to eat what you eat and like when they can be picky. So this was a win win for mom!
Lazy Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- 4 Chicken breast About a total of one pound
- 2 Cup Chicken or Veggie stock reserved after cooking chicken
- 1 TBSP I can't believe it's not butter, the light one
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Celery Chopped
- 2 Bags Frozen veggie mix
- 1 Cup Campbell's Condensed Soup 98% FF Cream Of Chicken
- 1 Cup Canned cream of celery soup made with low fat milk Campbell's
- 6 Pillsbury flaky layer biscuits
- 2 TBSP Dried thyme
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Poultry seasoning
- I can't believe its not butter spray
- Dak's Nothin But Ranch seasoning
- Fresh thyme to garnish
- Fresh Oregano to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350
- First cook the chicken. I used my Instant Pot and cooked the chicken on the high pressure pre set poultry setting. I pout 2 tsp of veggie or chicken better than bouillon base in with 1 cup of water. Set, cook, remove , shred or chop and set aside.
- Strain the liquid from the Instant Pot after cooking the chicken and set aside
- Place the butter into the instapot on low saute mode, let melt then put the onions and celery in. Cook until translucent
- Once onions and celery are translucent add the shredded chicken, frozen veggies, both soups and seasonings. Cook until hot all the way through
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and then place filling into an oven safe casserole dish. I used a shallow lodge cast iron enameled pan.
- Take the biscuits and cut each one into 4 pieces
- Place the biscuit pieces all around the top of the filling
- Spray the top of the biscuits with butter then sprinkle the Nothin But Ranch seasoning
- Place in oven and cook for 20-25 minutes
- Let sit for about 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh thyme and oregano