This meal was something that was randomly made with what we had on hand in the fridge, freezer and pantry. It came out amazing and it was extremely easy to make and all kids approved! This was also a one pan meal that is always …
Fall is here and I’m all about the easy comfort meals and this is definitely one of those!
One pan meals are also my jam as well. Busy mom of 3 needs something with quick and easy clean up.
Meal prep ideas? This reheats well and can also freeze well no problem!
Roasted Butternut Squash & Sausage Lasagna Casserole
- Oven safe casserole dish
- 1 Large Butternut squash About 3 cups cooked
- Avocado oil to coat pan
- 1 Shallots Minced
- 3 Garlic cloves Minced
- 8 Barilla whole grain lasagna sheets Broken up
- 1 Cup Reserved pasta water
- 1/2 Cup Part skim ricotta
- 3 TBSP Alouette reduced garlic and herb
- 1 Bag Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 tsp Ground sage
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 Cup Kraft fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Cups Fresh spinach Chopped
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- First set oven to 425
- Slice butternut squash in half, season with salt & pepper and place cut side open down on a sheet pan and roast for about 40 minutes
- While squash is roasting, place frozen turkey sausage crumbles into a lightly greased shallow casserole pan ( I use a shallow dutch oven ). Remove when browned.
- In the same pan sauté the shallots for a few minutes until they are translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Once shallots and garlic are cooked get the lasagna sheets and break up into chunks. Cover the sheets with water, just enough to cover.
- Place lid over and cook until pasta is al dente. About 10-12 minutes. Most of the water should be used. do not strain.
- Once butternut squash is done, scoop out half and cut up the other half into large chunks.
- Add the part skim ricotta, alouette, seasonings , scooped butternut squash and put sausage back in.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Once all combined, time to add the chopped spinach and mix until wilted. Top with chunks of butternut squash.
- Sprinkle mozzarella on top , place back into oven until melted. Garnish with parmesan and serve.
- Casserole dish
- Air fryer
- 1 Large Eggplant or two small
- 2 Packets Shake n Bake I used Aldi brand
- 1 TBSP Italian seasoning
- 1 TBSP Dried basil
- 1 TBSP Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Dak's Italian Blast discount code:chefallie10
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 - 3/4 Cup Egg Substitute seasoned with a little more Italian seasoning
- Marinara I used my Sunday sauce, recipe on my blog
- 1 Cup Fat free mozzarella Kraft brand
- 4 oz. Part skim mozzarella I used Aldi brand
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Grated parmesan to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350
- Preheat air fryer to 380
- Slice your eggplant into 1/2 inch slices
- Place slices of eggplant on pieces of paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for about 5 minutes then dab moisture out
- Season the breadcrumbs with the Italian seasoning, dried basil, oregano , Dak's Italian Blast, salt and pepper. Mix up
- Season egg substitute with a little more Italian seasoning
- Take each slice of eggplant and dip into the egg mixture then into the breadcrumbs.
- Once all done, spray the air fryer basked or tray with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Air fry at 380 for about 10 minutes
- Once all are air fried, coat the bottom of the casserole dish with sauce
- Time to layer up. Place eggplant down, then more sauce, Cheese, more eggplant then more sauce. Once all done sprinkle all the cheese over the top
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted. If you desire turn broil on until nice and golden
- Garnish with fresh basil and some grated parmesan
- Serve as is and enjoy!