I love a good tuna melt, but they can tend to be a massive amount of calories and a lot of WW points.
It’s was super simple to put together and your typical tuna melt at a restaurant can run you a large 32 WW points from Friendly’s and 891 calories.
My lightened version is only 7 WW points and only 257 calories.
Lightened Up Tuna Melt
- Frying Pan
- Mixing bowl
- 4 Slices Eat Royo Artisan Bread Discount in notes
- 2 TBSP Light mayonaisse
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 Slice Borden Fat free american cheese singles
- 1 Can Wild Planet albacore tuna in water, or tuna of your choice
- 1 TBSP Bolthouse Classic Ranch Dressing & Dip or ranch dressing of your choice
- 1-2 TBSP Nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 TBSP Boar's Head Delicatessen Mustard or mustard of your choice
- Splash of lemon juice tiny amount
- 1/4 Cup Fresh chives Chopped
- 1 tsp Dak's Nothin But Ranch or ranch seasoning of your choice
- Black Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste, optional
- Combine everything from the tuna mixture and set aside until ready to use
- Take each slice of bread and spread a 1/2 TBSP of light mayo on each side then sprinkle some garlic powder on top.
- Place the bread, mayonnaise side down onto a low heat pan
- Split the tuna mixture into two portions
- Add the tuna mixture, one slice of cheese following with the other slice of bread (mayonnaise side up)
- Brown on both sides and enjoy