I personally LOVE apple crisp more than I like apple pie. Anyone else?
It is easier and you do not have to worry about making a crust.
I love the holidays and all of the cooking and baking that happens, it makes me happy!
Here is what you will need:
- Quick oats
- Brown sugar substitute or regular
- Almond flour
- Light butter or regular
- Oven safe baking dish
- Fat free whipped cream or regular
- Bowls for mixing
- Oven safe dish
- 8 Apples peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 TBSP CInnamon
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1 TBSP Cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup Light butter
- 3 TBSP Brown sugar substitute
- 3 TBSP Almond flour
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp Ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- Fat free reddi whip optional
- Preheat oven to 375
- Peel apples and then slice into 1/4 inch slices
- Place apples into a bowl with 1 TBSP cinnamon, the vanilla and a pinch of salt. MIx until combine
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, butter, almond flour, brown sugar, pinch of salt, 1 TBSP cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
- Pour apples into a greased oven safe dish
- Top the apples with the crumb topping
- Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes
- Serve as is or with some ice cream or whipped cream.