I personally LOVE apple crisp more than I like apple pie. Anyone else? It is easier and you do not have to worry about making a crust. I love the holidays and all of the cooking and baking that happens, it makes me happy! Here …
Category: Baked goods
My kids LOVE these muffins, and I am COMPLETELY ok with them having more than a few.
They are super easy to make and extremely delicious!
Make these as a meal prep for the week, just heat up in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds afterwards.
Healthy Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- 2 Muffin pans
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 1 Muffin scoop
- 3-4 Overly ripe bananas
- 1 15 oz. Pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 Eggs
- Splash Vanilla extract
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice seasoning I use Dak's, linked in notes
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- I Can't Believe It's Not Butter the spray
- 1 TBSP Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon or more pumpkin pie spice seasoning
- In a bowl combine all of the wet ingredients
- Add all of the dry ingredients until fully combine
- Take an ice cream scoop (use a standard muffin scoop size) = 1/4 cup amount
- Scoop 18 muffin portions into well greases muffin pans
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Spray the tops of the muffins while hot with the spray butter
- Sprinkle the sugar mixture evenly over the 18 muffins (only need a little bit)
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan
This recipe just screams spring and easter. It reminds me of a lightened-up carrot cake. I love that the veggies are in the oatmeal and you cannot even tell they are.
The apples sweeten it up and this bowl is packed with protein and filling ingredients to keep you full for many hours.
Carrot & Apple Baked Oatmeal Bowl
- Mini food processor or blender
- Oven safe bowl or ramekin
- 1/2 Cup Quick oats I use Aldi brand
- 1/2 Cup Plain frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Banana
- 1 Scoop Orgain Vanilla Bean Protein Poweder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Carrots shredded
- 1/4 Cup Carrots shredded
- 1/3 Cup My Crockpot Cinnamon Apples Recipe linked in notes
- 1/2 TBSP Unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp Coconut sugar
- Sugar free pancake syrup or syrup of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a mini food processor or blender add the oats, cauliflower rice, banana, almond milk, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla, protein powder and a 1/2 cup of the carrots.
- Once all combined, pour batter into a lightly grease oven safe bowl or ramekin
- Add the rest of the carrots and mix into batter with a spoon then add the crockpot apples to the center of the batter
- Sprinkle the coconut sugar and coconut flakes on top.
- Bake for 22 minutes
- Garnish with pancake syrup and enjoy
I have so much love for personal sized baked oatmeal bowls. They are delicious, so versatile and PACKED full of amazing ingredients. Make this for breakfast, lunch, dinner or what make it for a dessert like me! If you try this out, let me know! …
Just so you know, this recipe isn’t WW or Healthi friendly, but I do have a lightened version on my blog. Just searched “Lightened Irish Soad Bread”.
Irish Soda bread is one of the easiest breads to make and its absolutely delicious. This recipe has been in our family for years and it was time to share.
When it is in the oven my house smells fantastic and I cannot wait to dig in, slab some butter on top and enjoy with a cup of my favorite tea.
Irish Soda Bread - Family Recipe
- Bowl for mixing
- Sheet tray or cake pan
- 3 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 TBSP Caraway seeds
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Seedless raisins
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 1 1/3 Cup Buttermilk
- Butter for brushing top of loaf
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease an 8 inch cake pan
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and caraway seeds into a bowl.
- Cut in the butter until it resembles fine bread crumbs
- Stir in raisins
- Combine egg and buttermilk and stir into the dry ingredients
- Turn out onto a floured board or surface and knead lightly
- Form dough into a ball and place into the prepared pan
- Brush with melted butter and bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees and back for an additional 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf.
- Cool on wire rack then enjoy