One of my favorite hot sweet treats are baked oatmeal bowls. Not only are they super filling, but they are also packed full of goodies and some hidden veggies. The combination of bananas and honey are so delicious in this bowl
Category: Baked goods
This recipe just screams spring and easter. It reminds me of a lightened-up carrot cake. I love that the veggies are in the oatmeal and you cannot even tell they are.
The apples sweeten it up and this bowl is packed with protein and filling ingredients to keep you full for many hours.
Carrot & Apple Baked Oatmeal Bowl
- Mini food processor or blender
- Oven safe bowl or ramekin
- 1/2 Cup Quick oats I use Aldi brand
- 1/2 Cup Plain frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Banana
- 1 Scoop Orgain Vanilla Bean Protein Poweder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Carrots shredded
- 1/4 Cup Carrots shredded
- 1/3 Cup My Crockpot Cinnamon Apples Recipe linked in notes
- 1/2 TBSP Unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp Coconut sugar
- Sugar free pancake syrup or syrup of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a mini food processor or blender add the oats, cauliflower rice, banana, almond milk, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla, protein powder and a 1/2 cup of the carrots.
- Once all combined, pour batter into a lightly grease oven safe bowl or ramekin
- Add the rest of the carrots and mix into batter with a spoon then add the crockpot apples to the center of the batter
- Sprinkle the coconut sugar and coconut flakes on top.
- Bake for 22 minutes
- Garnish with pancake syrup and enjoy
I have so much love for personal sized baked oatmeal bowls. They are delicious, so versatile and PACKED full of amazing ingredients. Make this for breakfast, lunch, dinner or what make it for a dessert like me! If you try this out, let me know! …
Just so you know, this recipe isn’t WW or Healthi friendly, but I do have a lightened version on my blog. Just searched “Lightened Irish Soad Bread”.
Irish Soda bread is one of the easiest breads to make and its absolutely delicious. This recipe has been in our family for years and it was time to share.
When it is in the oven my house smells fantastic and I cannot wait to dig in, slab some butter on top and enjoy with a cup of my favorite tea.
Irish Soda Bread - Family Recipe
- Bowl for mixing
- Sheet tray or cake pan
- 3 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 TBSP Caraway seeds
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Seedless raisins
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 1 1/3 Cup Buttermilk
- Butter for brushing top of loaf
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease an 8 inch cake pan
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and caraway seeds into a bowl.
- Cut in the butter until it resembles fine bread crumbs
- Stir in raisins
- Combine egg and buttermilk and stir into the dry ingredients
- Turn out onto a floured board or surface and knead lightly
- Form dough into a ball and place into the prepared pan
- Brush with melted butter and bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees and back for an additional 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf.
- Cool on wire rack then enjoy
Forget the sheet pan pancakes, these are WAY better! I mean these pancakes were the FLUFFIEST pancakes I have EVER made, and they were also kid approved.
Let me also mention that they took less than 10 minutes to cook in the oven and completely customizable for everyone.
Easy Protein Pancakes
- Sheet pan
- Silicone muffin top pan Link to purchase in notes
- 1/2 Cup Kodiak pancake mix Original or pancake mix of your choice
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Egg white
- 1 TBSP Unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Pinch of Dak's Chocolate Crave or cinnamon
- 1 tsp Coconut sugar
- I Can't Believe It's Not Butter the spray
- My bluberry sauce Recipe on blog
- Pancake syrup I used SF
- FF Reddi whip optional
- In a mixing bowl combine all pancake ingredients until smooth batter consistency
- Spray silicone mold with cooking spray
- Pour batter into 4 molds evenly
- Sprinkle 1/4 tsp of coconut sugar on top of raw pancake batter
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes
- Garnish with your choice of toppings and enjoy