Chili Cheese Fries
Chili Cheese Fries
You can still enjoy this delicious plate of chili cheese fries on your weight-loss journey and or maintenance of weight loss. Not to mention, this has homemade crinkle fries!
This ENTIRE plate is 8 WW, 526 calories and has 39.4 grams of protein in it.
Here is what you need:
- Crinkle fry cutter, order that HERE
- 98% fat free ground turkey or chicken
- Kettle & Fire Chicken broth or bone broth, Order yours HERE with a discount
- Dak’s Taco Knight seasoning or seasoning of choice.
- Ground cumin
- Pico de Gallo, HERE is my recipe.
- Fat free Borden American cheese singles
- Aldi brand Con Queso
- Non-fat Greek yogurt
- Hidden Valley ranch seasoning
- Hot sauce
- Fat free cheddar cheese
Any kind of potatoes will do, but I prefer russet for fries.
Here is the crinkle potato cutter. I got mine right on Amazon, click HERE to get yours.
If you season and moisturize fat free turkey or chicken, it WILL not be dry and boring. My secret? I add Kettle & Fire chicken bone broth or chicken broth. I season mine with Dak’s Taco Knight, Dak’s Green Zest, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
To prevent it from being dry, I like to splash Kettle & Fire into the meat, or you can just use water to keep it from drying out. Order HERE and get a discount.
The best seasonings from Dak’s Spices. Not only are they so wonderful, but they are also zero salt added so you are able to control the salt. Use code CHEFALLIE at Dak’s Spices.
Any bean you like will do; I just usually add whatever I have in my pantry. Black beans, pinto beans, northern beans or kidney beans. Just make sure to drain and rinse.
Here is my homemade Pico de Gallo recipe that is so fresh and extremely tasty on these chili cheese fries. Click HERE for the recipe.
To make a quick and easy “sour cream” like topping I take non-fat Greek yogurt and mix it with ranch seasoning and hot sauce to taste.
Any “melty” cheese will do, I prefer this one from Borden fat free American cheese singles. This is a little hack for extra cheesy cheese sauce.
This is an awesome cheese sauce from Aldi. Not only is cheaper than the name brand, but it’s also perfect for chili cheese fries.
I use unsweetened almond milk to loosen the homemade cheese sauce.
Here is how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the non-fat Greek yogurt, ranch seasoning and hot sauce.
- Mix until combine and place into the fridge until ready to use.
- Take a vegetable peeling and peel your potatoes.
- Next, take the crinkle fry cutter and cut the potato in half lengthwise.
- Place the cut side of the potato down on the cutting board.
- Slice up the potato into fry shapes with the crinkle cutter.
- Place the fries into a bowl with cold water.
- Keep rinsing the potatoes until the water runs clear.
- Pat the potatoes very well with a towel
- Place back into a bowl, spray with avocado oil and season with salt, pepper, paprika and Dak’s Green Zest seasoning
- Take the fries and place onto a greased sheet or air fryer tray.
- Air fry or bake until crispy, about 20 minutes or so.
- While fries are cooking, put the cheese sauce, slices cheese and splashed of unsweetened almond milk into a microwave safe bowl.
- Place into the microwave and heat up in 10 second intervals until melted. Add more liquid until you like the consistency.
- Oce fries are golden brown and crisp, top with your chili cheese fry toppings.
- Garnish and enjoy.
Chili Cheese Fries
- 1 Air fryer or oven
- Crinkle fry cutter or yours HERE
- 248 grams Potato (uncooked) Cut into crinkle fries. cutter HERE
- Avocado oil avocado oil spray
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 5 oz. Turkey taco meat Seasoned and cooked
- 1/2 Cup Pico de Gallo recipe HERE
- 1/4 Cup Pinto beans or beans of choice
- 36 grams Avocado optional
- 20 grams fat free cheddar cheese or cheese of choice
- 2 TBSP Aldi con queso cheese sauce
- 2 Borden fat free American cheese slices
- 1-2 TBSP Unsweetened almond milk or water
- 1/4 Cup Nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Hidden Valley ranch dry mix
- Hot sauce to taste
- Cilantro optional
- Preheat the air fryer or oven to 425 degrees
- Cook your taco meat to your liking and set aside*I seasoned mine with salt, pepper, Dak's Taco Knight & cumin to taste. Add a splash of chicken broth/bone broth or water to keep it from drying out*
- Take the potato and peel the outside.
- Cut the potato in half, lengthwise
- Take the crinkle cutter and start to cut into fry size cuts. HERE is the cutter
- Place fries into a bowl of cold water.
- Once water is cloudy, dump and fill again until water is clear.
- Once bowl of water is clear, rinse and pat dry very well.
- Season potatoes with a light spray of avocado oil, salt, pepper, paprika & Dak's Green Zest seasoning.
- Place the fries onto a lightly greased air fryer tray or sheet pan
- Air fry or bake until golden brown and crisp. About 20 minutes.
- Place the fries onto a parchment paper and back onto the air fryer tray or sheet tray.
- Add the taco meat, beans and fat free cheddar cheese
- Place back into the air fryer or oven until cheese is melted
- Once melted, add your cold toppings and cheese sauce
- Place the aldi con queso, fat free Borden and a splash of almond milk into a microwave save bowl
- Microwave in 10 second intervals until it is melted and loose consistency. Add more milk or water to your liking.
- In a separate bowl combine the non-fat Greek yogurt, ranch seasoning and hot sauce. Mix and set aside.