Veggie and Egg Breakfast Wrap
I absolutely LOVE roasted veggies in breakfast wraps. They bring so much flavor to the wrap as well as bulk and nutrition.
This is also a GREAT way to clear out any kind of leftover veggies in your fridge you’d like to use up.
This beauty is ONLY 3 WW if you use the Cut Da Carb flatbread or 4 WW if you use the Joseph’s brand flatbreads.
Here is what you need:
- Avocado oil spray
- Bell peppers or sweet mini peppers
- Red onion
- White onion
- Dak’s Green Zest or Italian seasoning
- Morning Star veggie sausage patties
- Cut Da Carb flatbread or Joseph’s brand flatbread
- Kraft fat free cheddar
- Kraft fat free mozzarella
- Grill press, optional
This is the oil sprayer I get and use for the avocado oil I use for my recipes. Order one HERE.
Dak’s Green Zest is one of my ALL-TIME favorites seasonings from them. If you’d like to try it out, order HERE and use code CHEFALLIE. If you do not have it just use Italian seasoning.
You can use frozen or fresh broccoli. I love to roast both, but if you use frozen follow the directions on the bag and squeeze out any and all liquid before roasting.
These are the ONLY veggie sausage patties I use from Morning star. They were a MASSIVE staple in the beginning of my weight loss journey, and I just started using them again to switch my foods around.
You can use whole eggs or if you’d like to use egg whites or egg substitute for lower calories you can also do that.
Here are the Cut Da Carb flatbreads that are so delicious and get super crispy for recipes like this. These flatbreads are only available online, you can grab them HERE. They are also ONLY 1 WW for one flatbread. If you do not want to get those, you can use the Joseph Lavash flatbreads, they are 2 WW and are available at most grocery stores.
If you read my previous posts about my WW cheese hack here it is again. You can have 20 grams of fat free Kraft Cheddar and 20 grams of fat free Kraft mozzarella for ZERO WW points. If you use both you can put them into the app for ZERO points on cheese. I do not do this every single day, but it is a fun hack to get a great amount of cheese for ZERO points.
This is the tool I use to help crisp and seal the wraps or burritos I make. I also use this tool for Smash Burgers. Grab yours HERE.
Here is how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, add the fresh or cooked broccoli.
- Spray broccoli with some avocado oil
- Season the broccoli with Dak’s Zest or use Italian seasoning.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place on a sheet pan and roast for about 20-25 minutes.
- Set aside until ready to use.
- In a frying pan, spray lightly with avocado oil.
- Add the peppers and onions.
- Sauté until tender.
- Chop the broccoli fine and add to the frying pan.
- Push the veggies to the side and add the veggie sausage patty to the pan.
- Brown and cook until crisp on the outsides.
- Place the veggies and veggie sausage to the side on a plate.
- In the same pan spray add the eggs.
- Season with Dak’s Green Zest or Italian seasoning.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook eggs to your liking.
- Once everything is done, time to assemble.
- Sprinkle the cheese on the flatbread.
- Add the cooked veggies.
- Chop up the veggie sausage then add to the flatbread.
- Add the eggs on top and roll up into a burrito.
- Take the wrap and place back into the frying pan.
- Cook both sides until golden brown.
Veggie and Egg Breakfast Wrap
- 1 Frying Pan
- 1/2 Cup Bell peppers Sliced thin
- 1/2 Cup Onions Sliced thin
- 1/2 Cup Broccoli roasted and chopped fine
- 2 Morning Star veggie sausage patties
- 2 Eggs or egg whites/ egg substitute
- 1/2 tsp Dak's Green Zest or Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 20 grams Kraft fat free cheddar cheese or cheese of choice
- 20 grams Kraft fat fresh mozzarella cheese or cheese of choice
- 1 Cut Da Carb flatbread Order HERE or use Joseph Lavash flatbread
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- First in a bowl add the broccoli and spray lightly with avocado oil.**If using frozen steam in bag broccoli, follow package directions, drain as much liquid in bag and place into the bowl**
- Season with Dak's Green Zest or Italian seasoning then salt and pepper to taste.
- Place into the oven for about 20-25 minutes. Set aside.
VEGGIE BREAKFAST WRAP
- In a pan, spray lightly with avocado oil
- Once hot, add the peppers and onions
- Season with salt, pepper and Dak's Green Zest (or Italian seasoning)
- Cook until tender
- Chop up the roasted broccoli and add into the pan
- Move veggies to the side and add the veggie sausage patty and cook until crisp on both sides.*To move process along a little faster, add the frozen veggie sausage patty to the microwave for about 25-30 seconds before adding to the pan*
- Once veggie sausage is crisp, remove and chop into pieces.
- Set veggies and veggie sausage to the side.
- Add the eggs to the same pan and cook until your liking.
- Once eggs are done, it's time to assemble.
- Lay the flatbread down and sprinkle the cheese.
- Add the veggies and veggie sausage on top of the cheese followed by the eggs.
- Roll up and add back into the pan.
- Brown on both sides and enjoy once done.