Sunday dinners have become a new tradtion here at our house. Why use the dining room table for only the holidays? Our oldest daughter gets excited for Sunday dinners because she is my sous chef in the kitchen. She enjoys helping me prepare the meal every week. Another great thing about her helping me make the meal , is that she is more willing to try it! This one she absolutely loved and was also approved by our other two kids ( 2 & 3 years old ). So it is a win win all around!
Pesto Chicken Alfredo
- Air fryer
- Pot & Pan
- 1 tsp Avocado oil or Spray
- 1 Medium Onion Diced fine
- 2 TBSP Minced garlic
- 2 TBSP Flour
- 1 Cup Unsalted chicken broth
- 2/3 Cup Reserved pasta water
- 1/4 Cup Fat free half and half
- 1/4 Cup Non fat greek yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Alouette reduced garlic & hern ( Linked below in notes )
- 1 Ounce Grated fresh parmesan
- 1 Cup Fat free mozzarella
- 1 10 oz. Box Ronzoni 150 Penne ( or pasta of your choice, points will change )
- 1/4 Cup My Basil & Spinach Pesto ( Reipe linked below in notes )
Air Fried Chicken Breast
- 2 Pounds Chicken breast ( Pounded to even thickness )
- 1 tsp Lemon pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- First get your pasta water ready. Salt water once pasta is dropped into water ( Should taste like the ocean )
- Get a pan ready with some avocado oil spray and saute onions until translucent
- Add garlic, turn heat down to low so you do not burn your garlic. Saute for 1 minute
- Add your flour, coat onions and garlic evenly
- With heat on low still, slowly add 1/4 Cup of the chicken broth at a time. This will help create a thick sauce
- Add the fat free half and half slowly. You do not want the sauce to break. So keep the heat on low. You can even take the pan off the heat while adding this in.
- Let the sauce thicken again. If the sauce needs help thickening, add some of the pasta water from your pasta pot.
- Add the yogurt. Once again continue to add pasta water and broth until there isnt any left.
- Time to add the garlic and herb cheese. Combine well.
- Once the pasta is done, drain and set aside ( Cook to al dente )
- Add both cheeses in and mix until well incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper as you go to your liking
- Add your pasta
- Top pasta with chicken and you can either top the chicken with my pesto sauce or mix it in with the alfredo pasta
Air fried Chicken
- Pound your chicken until even thickness
- Season both sides with salt, pepper, lemon pepper & garlic powder
- Set your air fryer to 390
- Once air fryer is ready, spray both sides with avodao oil spray and place into air fryer. Cook until thermometer reads 155/160
- Let rest fro 5-10 minutes before cutting. It redistributes juices in chicken so your chicken does dry out