Summer Orzo Salad
This recipe was created over 10 years ago from my love of the Stop & Shop Greek pasta salad. When my mom would go to the store she would sometimes come home with that pasta salad and we always loved it.A few years later i wanted to try and create it on my own rather than having to buy it. I got it mastered down and since my weight loss journey I've been try to master it lightened and i finally got it down. Usually it is made with penne but I've made it with orzo and prefer the orzo. Not only do you get everything from one bite, it's also easier for scooping out for meal prep and or portion control.Serve this with some grilled chicken or steak and you will have an amazing dish for everyone to enjoy!
- Pot for pasta
- Large mixing bowl
- 1 16 oz. Box of Orzo
- 2 tsp Knorr Chicken Bouillon Flavoring for cooking pasta
- 1 English cucumber Sliced, halved or quartered
- 2 Tomatoes Diced
- 1 Red onion Diced
- 1 Red bell pepper Diced
- 1 Yellow or Orange bell pepper Diced
- 2 tsp Dak's Super Greek or Italian seasoning
- 1 8 oz. Fat free feta Crumbled
- 1/3 Cup Scallions or Chives Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Parsley Chopped
- 10 TBSP Ken's Lite Greek Vinaigrette
- 1/2 Cup Non fat greek yogurt
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- First get the water going for the orzo. Place the knorr seasoning in and once boiling add the orzo. Follow package for cooking and place into a strainer to cool
- While orzo is cooling. Time to prep and chop your vegetable. Place all into a large bowl when done.
- Once orzo has cooled off, pour into the bowl with all of the vegetables. Add Dak's Greek or Italian seasoning
- Mix lightly until everything is coated with seasoning and mixed well. Now time to make the dressing
- In a small bowl put the greek vinaigrette and the non fat greek yogurt. Mix until combined and creamy. Add to pasta and mix lightly until all coated.
- Toss in the scallions/chives and the parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Serve right away room temperature or place into refrigerator until ready to serve.
12 Servings Serving Size: 1 Packed cup 5 WW ( All Plans ) 6 Bites on Better Balance iTrackBites 221 Calories