A way to enjoy the summer vegetables that are in season right now! My favorite summer vegetable by far is zucchini. I love how subtle the taste is and how versatile it can be.
There are so many different ways to use zucchini. You can simply sauté it, grill, stuff or even add to sweets like brownies and no one will every know!
Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
- Pressure cooker or slow cooker
- Sheet pan
- 1.5 Pounds Chicken breast
- 3 tsp Knorr chicken bouillon flavoring
- 2 Cups Water
- 3 Medium Zucchini
- 2 tsp Dak's Butt Kickin Buffalo seasoning
- 2 tsp Dak's Nothin Butt Ranch seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3/4 Cup Fat free cheddar cheese I use Kraft
- 1/2 Cup Hot sauce I used Frank's hot sauce brand
- 1/2 Cup Celery finely diced
- 1/2 Cup Onion finely diced
- 1 oz. Gorgonzola crumbles
- 2 TBSP Bolthouse Chunky Blue Cheese dressing
- Scallions to garnish
- Celery leaves if applicable
- In a pressure cooker, Place the chicken in with the Knorr seasoning and water. Set to high pressure for 15 minutes. If you do not have a pressure cooker, place into a crockpot on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Strain chicken, place in a bowl and shred. Keep the broth for either other recipes or soup for another time.
- While chicken is cooking, preheat oven to 375. Slice the zucchini in half , remove stem end ( optional ) and scoop out the innards. Set aside. On a sheet pan, season zucchini with salt and pepper. Spray lightly with avocado oil and bake for 20 minutes.
- In the bowl with the chicken, add the Dak's Butt Kickin Buffalo , Dak's Nothin But Ranch and Frank's.
- In a sauté pan , spray lightly with avocado oil. Sauté onions and celery until translucent. Add the zucchini innards and sauté for a few minutes removing any access water. Add the chicken, hot sauce and cheese.
- Once zucchini is done, take the chicken mixture and place even amounts into the boats. Bake another 10 minutes
- Once done, garnish with more hot sauce, blue cheese, scallions and if you saved them the celery leaves.