When I tell you this is a cross between a chicken cheesesteak sandwich and a sloppy joe, it just works!
The flavors are so yummy with all the ooey gooey cheese mixed in with amazing seasonings. This was so easy to make and makes for great meal prepping option.
Need a lighter version but still packed with flavor? This is definitely a wonderful recipe to make!
Chopped Cheesy Chicken Sandwich
- Flat top or saute pan
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 2 Bell peppers Chopped
- Sautéed mushrooms Optional
- 1 Pound Ground chicken 98% FF
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey 99% FF
- 1/4 Cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TBSP Dak's Steakhouse seasoning
- 2 tsp Dak's Red Mountain Rub Seasoning
- 1 TBSP Minced garlic
- Water If needed to keep mixture moist
- 1 Can Campbell's condensed soup 98% FF cream of chicken
- 4 Slices Borden fat free cheese singles
- 3/4 Cup Fat free cheddar chesse Kraft brand
- 1/2 Cup Sugar free Steak sauce I used SF GHughes steak sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- First sauté the onions and peppers
- Sauté the mushrooms if desired and set aside. I made them separately since I'm the only mushroom fan in my house.
- Add the ground chicken and ground turkey , cook all the way through
- Add the steakhouse seasoning, red mountain seasoning ( optional ) , minced garlic and Worcestershire sauce
- If the mixture is dry, add a few splashes of water to ensure it doesn't burn.
- Now add the cream of chicken soup and mix up.
- Add both cheeses , mix until melted.
- Right before you get ready to serve, season with salt and pepper to taste and the steak sauce. Serve immediately on a your choice of roll.