When I tell you our kids devoured these donuts, I am not exaggerating. They loved them and since they were decorated like the bake shop, they thought they were the real deal donuts instead of a healthy version. That is an ok in my book.
These took minimal efforts to make and done in no time. Did I mention they are protein packed? Make these for meal prep for the week. They are good warm and cold.
Healthy Baked Protein Donuts
- 2 Donut pans (6 slots each)
- Mixing bowl
- 2 Cups Bananas Mashed
- 1 Cup Kodiak pancake and waffle mix Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- dash Salt
- 2 Egg whites
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 TBSP Sugar free chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp Coconut oil
- Spray butter
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl mash the bananas then add the vanilla, baking powder, pancake mix, salt and cinnamon
- Spray donut pan with cooking spray and evenly divide batter into 9 portions
- Bake 10-11 minutes
- While donuts are baking melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave until melted. About 10 seconds at a time until melted (optional topping)
- Spray desired tops of donuts with butter while donuts are warm & sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top (Optional topping)
- If wanting to dip or drizzle chocolate on top of donuts, let cool first.