When I tell you our kids devoured these donuts, I am not exaggerating. They loved them and since they were decorated like the bake shop, they thought they were the real deal donuts instead of a healthy version. That is an ok in my …
Category: Banana Bread
Oh wow is all I have to say about this one!
Cleary I’m not done making different banana bread concoctions and to be honest I can never get sick of banana bread. My kids & husband LOVE it plus it’s super healthy & a filling snack = Win Win!
I took my basic banana bread recipe and did another twist with an amazing yogurt sauce on top! Another fun fact, the banana bread doesn’t have any sugar added, all sweetness comes from the yummy bananas! Only sugar added is in the yogurt sauce
Blueberry Banana Bread with A Sweet Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- 4 Bananas Over ripe
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 Pinch Kosher salt
- 1 1/4 Cup Fresh blueberries
- I can't beliebe it's not butter the spray
- 1 Cup non fat greek yogurt
- Zest of a lemon
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 TBSP Confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, mash up the bananas.
- Add the apple sauce, egg, vanilla, flour, baking powder, baking soda and the pinch of salt. Mix until combine.
- Pour in the blueberries and carefully fold into the batter with a spatula.
- Spray a 9x9 square baking dish with cooking spray and pour in the batter.
- Sprinkle the remaining blueberries on top of the batter and bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Once out of the oven spray with the butter and let cool.
- While the bread is cooling, in a bowl combine the yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice and confectioners' sugar and drizzle over the bread or use as a dipping sauce.
Well isn’t that’s a mouth full?These were out of this world tasty! Do you have some pumpkin in your pantry? Do you need something other than a pumpkin bread recipe? Well,here you go! No need to wait until the fall to use pumpkin, it’s amazing …