We have been making smash burgers for a few years now and they are the only way we will be making them from now on.
Not only are they extremely easy to make they are absolutely delicious and kid friendly.
These burgers are done in minutes because the beef is so thin and you’ll have dinner on your table under 30 minutes.
Borden cheese plays a HUGE roll in the melty goodness in these burgers and that is why I love that company so much.
Smash Burgers Two Ways
- Cast Iron pan
- Burger press
- Parchment paper
- Food scale
- 20 oz. Ground beef 96/4
- 1 TBSP Dak's Steakhouse seasoning or steakhouse seasoning of your choice
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- Yellow mustard
BURGER TOPPINGS & FIXINGS
- Light burger buns one per person
- Iceburg lettuce
- Delicatessan Boar's Head Mustard
- Dill pickles
CHEESE OF YOUR CHOICE
- Borden fat free cheese slices see notes
- Borden cheddar cheese see notes
- Borden Pepper Jack see notes
- In a bowl combine the beef, steakhouse seasoning, salt & pepper. Mix with hands lightly DO NOT OVER MIX
- Take the beef mixture and divide into 2 ounce portioned balls
- Place onto a parchment paper and set aside
- Preheat the cast iron pan to medium high heat with some avocado oil
- Take a squirt of yellow mustard and place on top of each meat ball. Place onto the hot pan. Take a spatula or burger press and immedietly flatten the burger super thin patty.
- Cook for about 30-40 seconds and flip
- Add cheeses to patty and let sit to melt
- Remove burgers and let rest on a plate for a few minutes
- Assemble burger and enjoy