For over 10 years even coming up to 20 years this recipe has been in our family.
It is especially made in the summertime to bring to BBQ’s, parties, to the beach, poolside, you name it, it’s a hit!
I decided a few years ago to lighten it up because there was a lot of oil and sugar in the original recipe and that was a no go when I was on my weight loss journey,
I have made it healthier and super calorie and WW friendly.
- 1 Large mixing bowl
- 1 Can opener
- 1 Knife
- 3/4 Cup Monkfruit
- 1/2 Cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Water
Texas Caviar Mix-Ins
- 1 15.5 oz. can Black beans Drained & rinsed
- 1 15.5 oz. can Black eyed peas drained & rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can No salt added corn Drained
- 1 Cup Celery Diced
- 1/2 Cup Fresh jalapeno Seeded & diced
- 1 Medium Red onion diced
- 1 Small jar pimento peppers diced
- 1 tsp Avocado oil or a few sprays
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/3 Cup Cilantro Chopped, optional
- In a small sauce pan pour the marinade ingredients in
- Heat on low heat until monk fruit is dissolved, set aside to cool
- While the marinade is cooling prepare and place everything else into a large bowl
- Once the marinade is cooled off, pour over the mixture, cover with saran wrap and place into the refrigerator to marinade 12-24 hours
- After it has marinated, strain the liquid out, season with salt, pepper and add cilantro
- Serve as is with chips, on tacos, wraps, salads etc.