Avocado toast is probably the most delicious breakfast and so easy to prepare.
The creamy avocado mixed with silky yolk makes for a decadent breakfast.
My husband tried this for the first time every the other day and he was shocked at how amazing it was and said he will definitely be eating it again,
Here is what you will need:
- Low carb bread, I use Royo Bread Company (discount code below)
- Avocados (Ripe)
- Seasonings, I use Dak’s Spices (see below)
Royo Bread is the most amazing low carb friendly bread. It is packed with protein, only has 30 calories per slice, high fiber, vegan, keto and kosher friendly. To get a discount click here.
Finding the perfectly ripe avocado is the best feeling. I like to buy the mini avocados because they usually equal about 2.5oz. and that is all I usually use for 2 slices of bread.
I take the perfect avocado and place it into a bowl and with a fork just mash up the avocado.
Here and the seasonings I like to use from Dak’s Spices.
Italian Blast has a little kick and I like a little kick to my avocado mash.
Green Zest is another favorite of mine that I like to add to my eggs.
Original Red is such a versatile spice that I use a lot but tastes amazing on eggs. If you ever would like to order from Dak’s Spices, use code CHEFALLIE for 10% off at Dak’s Spices
Here is how to make it:
- First you are going to want to make your avocado mash for the toast
- Place the avocado into a small bowl, add your seasonings.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- In a saute pan, add avocado oil
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium heat and crack eggs
- Seasoning the eggs with your choice of seasonings
- Once the eggs start to cook add about 1-2 tablespoons of water to the center of the eggs and cover the sauté pan with a lid
- Lower the heat and cook until whites are cooked all the way
- While the eggs finish cooking, toast your bread and add evenly put avocado mash onto the toast
- Top toast with eggs and enjoy
Smashed Avocado Toast
- Saute pan
- 2 Slices Eat Royo Company Artisan Bread or bread of choice
- 2.5 oz. Avocado Ripe
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Dak's Italian blast or seasoning of choice
- 2 Eggs over medium
- Dak's Green Zest seasoning or seasoning of choice
- Dak's Original Red seasoning or seasoning of choice
- In a small bowl, take a fork and mash the avocado. Season with the salt, pepper and seasoning of choice to taste. Set aside
- Add the avocado to your toasted bread
- In a non-stick pan, add some avocado oil and heat pan on medium heat
- Add eggs, season with your desired seasonings
- Pour 1-2 tablespoons of water to the center of the eggs
- Cover eggs with a lid and lower the heat
- While the eggs finish cooking place bread into the toaster
- Once bread is toasted, smear the avocado mash evenly between the two pieces of bread