Whomever says you cannot have a MASSIVE, delicious & BIG burger on your weight loss journey or maintenance journey is lying!
This beauty was AMAZING, only 8 WW points, 446 calories (burger only) and packed with grams of 57.9 grams of protein.
Serve it with a side of veggies, or what I did was I air fried some delicata squash that I froze over the fall months having them readily available.
Here is what you need:
- Low carb burger buns, HERE are the ones I used
- 96/4 ground beef
- Griddle press
- Fat free American cheese singles
- Avocado oil (Spray)
- Stainless steel pan
- Metal spatula
- Nonfat Greek yogurt
- Sugar free ketchup
- Sugar free relish
- Yellow mustard
- Garlic powder
HERE is what makes the Smash burgers SMASHED. Click HERE to grabs yours.
Here are the AMAZING Royo Bread Co. buns and they are only 90 calories and are full of protein. Order yours HERE with a discount.
This is my ultimate MELTY cheese from Borden. I purchase mine at Shop Rite, usually when it is on sale.
Kettle & Fire is so wonderful. It has great flavor and if you’d like to try it out just click HERE for 20% off at Kettle & Fire.
Any nonfat Greek yogurt will do. I go to Aldi since it is cheaper and the calories and great on it too.
I recently found this ketchup at Shop Rite. No sugar added is a better alternative.
Here is the no sugar added sweet relish that I purchase from Shop Rite.
Here is how to make it:
- Preheat a pan on medium heat with a little of avocado oil
- Add the sliced onions to the pan.
- Season with salt and sauté until translucent. Set aside.
- Add the EASY SPECIAL SAUCE ingredients to a small bowl, combine and set aside
- In a separate pan, set to medium high heat
- While the pan is heating up, portion the 5 ounces of beef into 2 1/2-ounce balls
- Once pan is hot, add the beef to the lightly greased hot pan
- Once in, take a metal spatula and SMASH the burgers down
- Season with salt
- Once the burger edges are brown and crisp looking flip
- Once flipped add the cheese and the beef broth to the pan and immediately cover
- Once cheese is melted, assemble burger as you wish
- Stainless steel pan or cast iron
- Metal spatula
- Large lid for pan
- 1 Onion Sliced thin
- Salt to taste
- 5 oz. 96/4 Ground beef
- 1/4 Cup Kettle & Fire beef broth Click HERE for 20% off
- 1 Eat Royo Co. Bun or burger bun of choice
- 2 Fat free Borden American cheese slices
- 3 Dill pickles slices
- Iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 Cup Special sauce
EASY SPECIAL SAUCE
- 1/4 Cup Nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 TBSP Sugar free relish
- 1 TBSP No sugar added ketchup
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
EASY SPECIAL SAUCE
- In a small bowl, combine the EASY SPECIAL SAUCE ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a lightly greased sauté pan, add the sliced onions
- Season with salt and cook until translucent and set aside
- In a separate stainless steel or cast-iron pan, heat on medium high heat for about 5 minutes
- Take the 5 oz. of ground beef and split into 2 1/2-ounce portions
- Once pan is super-hot, add a light coating of avocado oil
- Take the beef portions and roll into balls then place into the pan
- Take the metal spatula and IMEDIATELY smash the beef down into thin patties
- Season with salt and let cook until crisp brown edges
- Once crispy edges, flip and add the cheese
- Splash a few tablespoons of beef broth into the pan and cover immediately
- Once cheese has melted, assemble burger as you wish