An oldie but a good one. This Cheeseburger pie has been a favorite in this household for years now. This is just a lightened-up version of the one I would make pre weight loss journey.
This Cheeseburger Pie is kid and husband approved. It would make for a great meal prep lunch or dinner to serve alongside with a nice salad or veggies.
Who doesn’t love a good cheeseburger? Well, here is a way to enjoy it without having to take out the grill.
- 1 9" Pie plate oven safe
- Bowl for mixing
- Avocado oil spray to coat pan
- 3/4 Cup Onion Diced
- 1 1/4 Pound Ground beef 96/4
- 2 TBSP Sugar free relish
- 2 tsp Dak's Original Red or 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 1/2 TBSP Dak's Nothin But Ranch seasoning or ranch seasoning of your choice
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TBSP Sugar free ketchup
- 1 TBSP Boar's Head Delicatessen mustard or mustard of your choice
- 1/4-1/3 Cup Kettle & Fire Bone Beef Broth
- 4 Slices Non fat american cheese slices
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Cup Protein pancake mix or pancake mix of your choice
- 1 Cup Almond or cashew milk
- 1 Cup Fat free cheddar cheese
- Splash of vailla
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/3 Cup Scallions Chopped
- Dill pickles Sliced
- Spray butter
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a pan with avocado oil spray
- Sauté onions until translucent
- Add in the beef and cook until brown
- Season with Dak's seasonings, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and mustard.
- Add the relish and season with salt and pepper to taste
- While beef is simmering, mix together in a separate bowl the pancake mix, milk, cheddar cheese, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, pinch of salt and scallions. Set aside
- Pour in the beef bone broth then the American cheese slices into the beef and mix until combine
- Transfer beef mixture to a lightly greased pie dish and pour the pancake mix on top
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until batter is cooked through.
- Garnish with butter spray, sesame seeds and pickles.