By far one of the easiest dishes I made and one of our new family favorites!
These cheesy beef and bean enchiladas are made with just a few simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand!
Need an idea for taco Tuesday? A quick meal for your family or even meal prep? Then you need to make this dish!
It has seasoned ground beef, beans and cheese all rolled up into my favorite flatbreads then smothered in more cheesy and sauce!
Recipe serves 4
2 Enchiladas per serving
6 WW 🔵🟣 8 🟢
5 Bites on Better Balance
• 1 Pound 96/4 ground beef , sub ground chicken or ground Turkey for less pointe, bites and calories
• Taco seasoning of your choice, I use Dak’s Street Taco , Dak’s Taco Knight or just regular Taco seasoning from the packets ( usually low sodium )
• 1 Can fat free refried beans, add less for lower points on WW 🟢
• Salt & Pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup of water , helps meat mixture from drying out while cooking
• 1 Cup fat free Kraft cheddar cheese
• 1/2 C Oretega Taco sauce
• 4 CutDaCarb flatbreads ( cut in half to make 8 )
• Non fat Greek yogurt or Light sour cream ( optional for garnish , light sour cream not in stats )
• Limes and cilantro to garnish
• Set oven to 375
• In a pan brown your meat, once cooked through add the taco seasoning , salt & pepper ( careful with salt, taste test while adding )
• Once seasoned , add the refried beans. Mix until combined. Add water to help prevent from getting too dry.
• In a casserole dish, pour 1/4 cup of the Taco sauce down
• Cut the 4 flatbreads in half ( horizontal) creating 8 smaller rectangles.
• Take the cheese and separate into two separate bowls ( 1/2 cup each )
• Lay the flatbreads down and take about 1/3 cup of the mixture or place a bowl on a scale, zero it out, add the beef mixture and divide weight by 8. Zero out scale and reverse weigh by taking out the divided number amount.
• Put beef mixture into the middle of the flatbread. Sprinkle some cheese on and roll up and add each roll up in the casserole dish. Once all are rolled up, pour remaining Taco sauce on top of the roll ups.
• Sprinkle remaining cheese, spray top of cheese with some cooking spray ( helps from not sticking to foil ) , cover with foil and bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melting, you can remove foil and place back into the oven to get more crisp or serve as is.
• Garnish the top with some cilantro
• Once ready to serve garnish with a lime wedge and top with some non fat Greek yogurt or light sour cream
• Serve with your choice of side, I made cilantro lime cauliflower rice with a frozen steam in bag.
💕 𝓒𝓱𝓮𝓯 𝓐𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓮
Check out my home page under my links & codes for a 10% off code for Dak’s Spices!