How adorable is this? Just in time for the fall holidays and chilly nights! Squash has to be my all time favorite vegetable. You can do so many things with it and its absolutely amazing!
I took this big acorn squash, roasted it and then stuffed it with this lightened taco & cauliflower rice mixture. The mixture is delicious on it’s own but even more amazing inside the sweet and creamy roasted acorn.
Skinny Taco & Rice Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Saute pan
- 2 Large Acorn Squash
- Avocado oil spray Light
- 2 tsp Ranch seasoning I used Dak's Nothin But Ranch
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Small Onion Chopped
- 1 Pound Ground beef 96/4
- 1 TBSP Taco seasoning I used Dak's Taco Knight
- 1 Can Rotel Drained
- 1 Can Black beans Drained & Rinsed
- 1 1/2 Cup Plain cauliflower rice I used steam in bag
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro Chopped fine
- 2 oz. Cheddar cheese of your choice
- First set oven to 400. Cut acorn squash in half and scoop seeds out.
- Spray cut side lightly with avocado oil and season with your choice of seasonings and salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 30-40 minutes
- While roasting, in a pan sauté onions until translucent.
- Once onions are done, add the ground beef and cook until no pink. Season with taco seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the rotel, black beans and cauliflower rice. Mix until hot. Add the cilantro.
- Once acorn squash is cooked, fill with equal parts into the middle ( 4 halves )
- Sprinkle the cheese over and place back into the oven until melted
- Serve with your choice of toppings and enjoy