When I tell you this is a MUST MAKE pasta dish & that I made it healthier, I’m not lying.
One of my ALL-TIME favorite pasta dishes has always been Penne alla Vodka. I wanted to make a lightened version without losing the flavor and I did just that.
I hope you love this as much as I did.
Pasta In Vodka Sauce With Chicken
- Saute pan
- Pot for pasta
- 1 8oz. Box Banza pasta shells or pasta of your choice
- 1 tsp Better than bouillon chicken base Added to water
- 1 Pound Chicken breast
- 1-2 tsp Dak's Italian Blast or Italian seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Avocado oil
- 1 Small Shallot Minced
- 2 TBSP Minced garlic
- 2 TBSP Tomato paste
- 1/2 Cup Tito's Vodka
- 1 Cup Crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Dak's Italian Blast or extra Italian seasoning
- 1/3 Cup Fat free half & half
- 1 Cup Reserved pasta water
- 2 TBSP Nutritional yeast
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Red chili flakes to taste
- 1 TBSP Light butter
- Fresh grated parmesan to garnish
- Basil to garnish
- First get the water going for your pasta with the bouillon base added to water. Once ready throw pasta in and reserve the pasta water once pasta is all done cooking. * COOK TO AL DENTE*
- While the water is boiling/Pasta cooking, start to season your chicken breast with salt, pepper & Italian seasonings
- I air fried my chicken at 380 for about 15 minutes while the Vodka sauce was being made. You can also place into oven at 350/375 as well until internal temperature is 165
- In a pan spray with the avocado oil. Place the shallots in and sauté until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato paste and mix/cook for about another 30 seconds.
- Deglaze pan with vodka and cook off alcohol for about 1 minute
- Add the crushed tomatoes, Italian seasonings and fat free half and half. (Slowly add the half and half in, heat should be at a low/medium while adding)
- To thicken and add more volume to the sauce, add the reserved pasta water a little at a time until you are happy with consistency and volume. If you have nutritional yeast, add it now. Give a little nutty flavor it's great.
- Once chicken is all done cooking, set aside to rest for about 5-10 minutes before slicing. * If you slice chicken right away you will lose all of the juice and have a VERY dry chicken breast, resting is VERY important*
- Season sauce with salt, pepper and red chili flakes to taste.
- Garnish pasta with freshly grated parmesan, basil and enjoy with your chicken.