When it comes to a childhood favorite, Sloppy Joe’s comes to mind.
They are delicious, packed full of veggies and sloppy of course! Our oldest always asks for Sloppy Joe’s and she doesn’t know it’s packed full of sneaky veggies.
Chef Allie's Sloppy Joe's
- Saute pan
- 1 1/4 Pound Ground beef 96/4
- 1 Cup Onions chopped
- 3/4 Cup Celery chopped
- 3/4 Cup Carrots chopped
- 2 TBSP Garlic minced
- 1/4 Cup No sugar added ketchup I used GHughed
- 2 Cups No salt added tomato sauce Hunt's
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBSP Red wine vinegar
- 2 TBSP SF Pancake syrup or syrup of your choice
- 1 tsp Dried thyme j
- Pinch Ground cloves
- Satl & Pepper to taste
- Cook beef, strain & set aside
- Add onions, celery & carrots to the same pan cook until tender
- Add the garlic and cook for 30-40 seconds
- Pour in the tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar and syrup
- Add the seasonings and season with salt & pepper to taste
- Simmer until thick, about 10 minutes.
- Serve on your favorite roll with cheese (optional)