This is how to make my easy shrimp tacos with slaw I usually enjoy any kind of shellfish when my husband is at work since we are unsure if he is allergic to shellfish or not. So, when he works, I eat something like this, …
Category: One pot
When it comes to a childhood favorite, Sloppy Joe’s comes to mind.
They are delicious, packed full of veggies and sloppy of course! Our oldest always asks for Sloppy Joe’s and she doesn’t know it’s packed full of sneaky veggies.
Chef Allie's Sloppy Joe's
- Saute pan
- 1 1/4 Pound Ground beef 96/4
- 1 Cup Onions chopped
- 3/4 Cup Celery chopped
- 3/4 Cup Carrots chopped
- 2 TBSP Garlic minced
- 1/4 Cup No sugar added ketchup I used GHughed
- 2 Cups No salt added tomato sauce Hunt's
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBSP Red wine vinegar
- 2 TBSP SF Pancake syrup or syrup of your choice
- 1 tsp Dried thyme j
- Pinch Ground cloves
- Satl & Pepper to taste
- Cook beef, strain & set aside
- Add onions, celery & carrots to the same pan cook until tender
- Add the garlic and cook for 30-40 seconds
- Pour in the tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar and syrup
- Add the seasonings and season with salt & pepper to taste
- Simmer until thick, about 10 minutes.
- Serve on your favorite roll with cheese (optional)
Growing up my mom would make my sister and me a simple pasta dish with elbow pasta, butter, black pepper with cottage cheese. I wanted to make that nostalgic dish into an adult version so that is what I did. The key to the pasta …
Easy dinners are our thing in this household of five. We have been loving crockpot meals lately because it’s not only easy it’s a set and forget and see you later dinner!
If you love buffalo chicken, you are going to be obsessed with this dinner. It will be on repeat for sure in this house!
Skinny Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- 4 each Chicken breast ( Fresh or frozen ) About 2 pounds
- 1 tsp Avocado oil Spray
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Packet Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
- 1 TBSP Dak's Nothin But Ranch Optional
- 1/2 Cup Frank's hot sauce or hot sauce of your choice
- 1/2 Cup Kettle & Fire Bone Broth Or broth of your choice
- 1/2 Cup Onion Diced
- 1/2 Cup Celery Diced
- 14.5 oz Tuttoroso canned no salt added diced tomatoes Undrained
- 1/2 Cup Bolthouse Farms Chunky Blue Cheese Yogurt Dressing or blue cheese of your choice
- 1/2 Cup Philadelphia whipped cream cheese
- 1 Cup Kraft fat free cheddar cheese
- 1 Cup Kraft fat free mozzarella cheese
- Scallions to garnish
- 1 Box Ronzoni 150 Penne
- In a crockpot place chicken breast down on the bottom. Spray lightly with avocado oil, season with salt, pepper & both ranch seasonings
- Pour the hot sauce over the chicken then chicken broth on the bottom of the crockpot
- Add the celery, onion and diced tomato
- Pour blue cheese dressing over and set to low for 6-8 hours.
- Once chicken is fully cooked and ready to go, shred to your liking.
- Cook pasta then add to the chicken
- Add cheese and fold in then cover on low for 15 minutes until cheese is melted
- Once cheese is melted, garnish with more hot sauce and scallions
When I think of Thanksgiving or the holidays I think of traditions and one of those traditions at the dining table is always the good old classic green bean casserole.
My Lightened Green Bean Casserole is just that, lightened up from the original one we all know. You either love it like me or hate it. Either way this one is here for those that would love to make a lightened up version.
Lightened Green Bean Casserole
- Casserole dish
- Can opener
- 3 14.5 oz. Canned french style green beans Drained
- 1 10.5 oz. Campbell's 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3-1/2 Cup Unsweetened almond milk Less almond milk, thicker sauce
- 1/2 tsp Dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 6 TBSP French fried onions
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a casserole dish place the drained green beans in
- In a separate bowl put the cream of mushroom soup in with the almond milk, thyme and season with salt & pepper to taste
- Pour over the green beans and toss lightly
- Cover with foil and place into the over for 40 minutes
- Take out, uncover and place back into over for 15 minutes
- Once out sprinkle the french fried onion over the top and place back into the oven for about 5-8 minutes and enjoy