Chicken Meatballs In Sauce
Chicken Meatballs In Sauce
These came out better than I imagined they would!
Super simple dinner that was delicious, kid friendly, husband friendly and makes great for meal prep and lunches for the week ahead!
Recipe makes 20 pretty decent size meatballs. Each serving is 4 meatballs for 2 WW and 232 calories.
Here is what you will need:
- Dutch oven or casserole dish
- Marinara or sauce of choice
- Ground chicken 98% fat free
- Wasa crackers
- Italian seasoning
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Dried oregano
- Mini food processor or blender
Here is the Dutch over/casserole dish I used, and it was the perfect size. I got this one at an outlet store for a steal, but it is normally over $150. I linked a similar one HERE from Amazon for less money and is larger in size.
This is one of the only store-bought marinara jars I get from Aldi. Super macro friendly and inexpensive!
You can certainly use any kind of ground chicken, turkey or beef. This is the one I used, and it worked out great since the meatballs stayed super moist and it’s 98% fat free
HERE is the size cookie scoop I use to make the PERFECT size meatballs. Get yours HERE
Have you ever heard of these crackers? Well, they are great for snacking but make awesome low-calorie breadcrumbs. You can find them HERE or check your local grocery stores.
This is the blender I use ALL THE TIME especially for little jobs like making homemade breadcrumbs. Click HERE to check it out on Amazon.
These are seasonings that I always have on hand, and I’m sure you do as well.
Here is how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Pour the entire contents of the marinara into the bottom of the dutch oven and set aside
- Take the Wasa crackers and place into the blender and blend until fine breadcrumb consistency
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the chicken meatball ingredients DO NOT OVER MIX
- Take a small cookie scoop or 2 tablespoons worth of meatball mix and make 20 small meatballs
- Place the meatballs right into the sauce in the dutch oven
- Put into the over for 30 minutes or until internal temperature is 165
- Take some mozzarella cheese and sprinkle over the top of the meatballs
- Broil on low until golden brown top
- Garnish with some fresh basil or parsley and some grated parmesan
Chicken Meatballs with Sauce
- 1 Dutch oven or oven safe casserole dish
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 1 #40 cookie scoop HERE is the one I use,
- 24 oz Aldi Simply Nature Marinara sauce or sauce of choice
- 1 Pound Ground 98% chicken breast
- 6 each Wasa Light Rye crackers ground
- 2 TBSP Italian seasoning
- 1 Egg whisked
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 TBSP Parmesan cheese Grated
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 Cup fat free mozzarella
- Basil or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Pour the entire jar of marinara onto the bottom of your casserole dish or dutch oven, set aside.
- In a small blender or food processor take the Wasa crackers and grind until fine
- Take all of the chicken meatball ingredients and place into a large mixing bowl
- Mix together with hands, DO NOT OVER MIX*OVER MIXING WILL CREATE TOUGH MEATBALLS*
- Take the small cookie scoop (1 1/2 TBSP scoop) and or 1 1/2 tablespoons worth of meatballs and form into 20 small meatballs
- Place the meatballs right into the sauce
- Once all meatballs are into the pan or casserole dish, place the dish into the oven for 400 degrees or until meatballs reach 165 degrees internally, about 30 minutes.
- Once internal temperature is reached, take them out of the oven and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the meatballs
- Place back into the oven on low broil and broil until lightly golden brown
- Garnish with fresh parsley or basil and enjoy over pasta or as it.
Made your meatball recipe today…only had Wasa Sourdough crackers but it was great. Also used Rao marinara sauce.
My husband had a meatball sub & raved about it.
Your burger recipes are insane & have blueberry muffins in the oven now.
I am a volume eater & your recipe portions satisfy me.
Love following you…you are an inspiration.❤️🇨🇦