Baked goods | Banana Bread | Banana recipes | Bread | Breakfast | Fruit
Banana Fig Bread
Our family loves all different forms and flavors of banana bread! My kids devour a loaf usually in a day and if my husband approves it, anyone will!
This recipe comes from my banana muffin recipe just adjusted a little with a few ingredients added as well. My Banana Muffin recipe can also be found here on my blog as well.
Banana Fig Bread
My Banana Fig Bread is so tasty! It is moist with chunks of banana, swirls of my fig jam and topped with fresh fig slices!
- Loaf pan
- 3 Extra ripe bananas
- 1/3 Cup Egg substitute
- 1/4 Cup Non fat greek yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Cup Almond milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 Cup My fig jam recipe on my blog
- 1-2 Fresh figs sliced
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Spice I use Dak's Spices, or substitute cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl mash up 2 of the 3 bananas
- Add remaining ingredients besides the fig jam and fresh figs and let sit for about 5 minutes
- Spray the loaf pan generously with cooking spray to prevent sticking
- Chop up remaining banana and fold into batter.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan
- Tag the fig jam and plop all over the top of the batter. Take a knife or toothpick and swirl all around .
- Place fresh fig slices on top and bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Let rest for about 10 minutes before slicing and enjoy
Loaf can serve 10-12 people depending on the thickness of the slices Serves 10: 4 Bites on Better Balance iTrackBites 4 WW ( All plans ) 148 Caloires Serves 12: 3 Bites on Better Balance 3 WW ( All plans ) 124 Calories