Peach season is here, and I am all for it. We got these beautiful peaches from a local farm called Tara Farms out in Litchfield, CT. The owner of this farm is coworkers with my husband and is so generous to bring us some amazing …
This recipe is a lightened-up version of our family recipe. I absolutely love it and its not far off from the original.
My family recipe is also on here on my blog just search Irish Soda bread and it’ll pop up.
Lightened Up Irish Soda Bread
- 3 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sugar substitute
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 TBSP Caraway seeds
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 1/4 Cup Light butter
- 1 1/3 Cup Fat free buttermilk
- 1 Egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease an 8 inch cake pan
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and caraway seeds into a bowl.
- Cut in the butter until it resembles fine bread crumbs
- Stir in raisins
- Combine egg and buttermilk and stir into the dry ingredients
- Turn out onto a floured board or surface and knead lightly
- Form dough into a ball and place into the prepared pan
- Brush/spray with more light butter and bake for 30 minutes
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees and back for an additional 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf.
- Cool on wire rack then enjoy
serves 12 5 WW points per slice Click here to calculate your WW personal points
Jump to Recipe
Pumpkin Bread With Pumpkin Spice Sugar Coating
This is one of the most delicious pumpkin breads that is lightened up and you wouldn't even know it!
Course: Breakfast, Snack
Keyword: baked goods, banana bread, banana recipes, breads, breakfast, pumpkin
- Loaf pan
- Bowl for mixing
- 3 Ripe bananas
- 1 15oz. Can of pure pumpkin Libby's
- 3 Eggs Egglands
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Spice Dak's seasoning or your choice
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Pinch of salt
- I Can't Believe It's Not Butter The spray
- 1 TBSP Sugar
- 1 tsp Pumpin Spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl mash the bananas, then add the pumpkin and apple sauce
- With a hand mixer or whisk, add each egg in separately mixing between.
- In a seperate bowl mix all of the dry ingredients
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix lightly until flour is all wet.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan
- Bake one hour or until toothpick comes out dry
- Mix up the sugar for the topping with the pumpkin spice seasoning.
- Spray the top of the pumpkin bread with the butter and sprinkle the sugar coating over the top
- Let rest before slicing
Chefallieskitchen.com Recipe makes two large loafs 6-8 slices per loaf Serving 12: 4WW ( Blue & Purple ) 5WW ( Green ) 4 Bites on Better Balance iTrackBites 163 Calories Serving 16: 3WW all plans 3 Bites on Better Balance iTrackBites 122 Calories