Beef recipes | Dinner | Mexican | Sauce | Taco Tuesday
Alright everyone, the hype is real with the Birria tacos! This is our second time making these and we will be making them at least once a month! They are so delicious, our house smelled amazing all day and they are so flavorful!The beef just melts in your mouth and the sauce just takes this dish over the top! Need to feed a crowd? Need a taco Tuesday idea? Want to make your house smell out of this world amazing? Then you need to make this ASAP!
- Immersion blender
- Dutch oven
- 5 Dried Goya Ancho Chiles Deseeded and stemmed
- 4 Dried Goya Arbol Chiles Deseeded and stemmed
- 5 Dried Goya Pulla Chile Deseeded and stemmed
- 5 Roma tomatoes Halved
- 1 Vidalia onion Quartered
- 8 Garlic cloves
- 4 Cups Water warm
- 3 tsp Better Than Bouillon Beef Base
- Avocado oil spray to coat bottom of the pan
- 3 Pounds Chuck Beef Trimmed of fat, Cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/3 Cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP Coriander
- 1 TBSP Cumin
- 1 TBSP Oregano
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro
- 16 Mission ultra corn tortillas
- 6 TBSP Part skim cotija cheese
- Lime wedges
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot, combine the dried peppers, tomatoes, onion, garlic, water and beef base. Mix and bring to a simmer. About 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- While sauce is simmering and oven is preheating, get the beef ready to sear. Season beef all over with salt and pepper. Spray bottom of Dutch oven with avocado oil. Brown the beef on all side. Brown beef in batches, you do not want to over crowd the pan. Place browned beef on a plate or sheet pan.
- Once the sauce is done simmering, grab the immersion blender and blend sauce carefully. Blend until smooth.
- In the Dutch oven, pour the sauce in making sure to scrap the bottom with a wooden spoon. Add the beef back into the Dutch oven and make sure to pour in any drippings.
- Time to add the seasonings. Add the vinegar, coriander, cumin, oregano, cinnamon sticks and the bay leaves. Mix all together, cover and place into the oven for 3-4 hours.
- Once done, remove the beef, and place into a bowl. Shred beef , add the chopped cilantro and set aside.
- Time to assemble. Take one tortilla at a time and dip into the sauce ( if too thick, add water to loosen). Place the tortilla onto a hot pan or griddle, place some of the shredded beef in, sprinkle the cheese , fold up and crispy on each side.
- Enjoy these tacos by garnishing with a squeeze of lime and dipping into the reserved sauce.
Recipe serves 8 ( 2 tacos a serving ) 8 Bites on Better Balance for iTrackBites 8 WW ( All plans ) 358 Calories #birriatacos #tacos #tacotuesday #easyrecipe #foodblogger #cheflife #healthierrecipes #beefrecipes #beef #mexicanfood