Have you ever heard of the KFC bowl? Well, when I was younger this was the best thing since sliced bread.
It has mashed potatoes, gravy, shredded cheese, corn and fried chicken. The entire SMALL bowl is 720 calories. It is 20-22 WW personal points.
I am going to show you an even better way to still enjoy that bowl with WAY less calories and WW personal points.
If you love cauliflower, then you are going to be even more excited.
My version is only 5 WW personal points with points gained back from non-starchy vegetables and only 339 calories on Calorie Command at Healthi.
Here is what you will needs:
- Instant pot or large pot
- Steamer basket
- Garlic cloves
- Kettle & Fire Chicken broth
- Fat free cheddar cheese
- Blender or Food processor
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic powder
- Rotisserie chicken
- Canned, frozen or fresh corn
- Heinz Chicken Gravy in a jar
I love my Instant Pot, if you do not have one, I highly recommend getting one. It cuts cooking time WAY shorter than on the stove top plus, it has so many other functions! Order one here
This is a great steamer basket to have, you should definitely have a steamer basket in your house. It is a great way to good vegetables without added oil or fats. Order one here.
Kettle & Fire products are AMAZING! If you have never tried them out, I do recommend giving them a go. I have a discount code or just click this link HERE to try them out.
Here is where you cut all the points and calories. By turning regular mashed potatoes into cauliflower mash. I personally LOVE cauliflower but if you do not, then go ahead and use regular mashed potatoes. The points and calories however will change.
Garlic makes everything better, that is all.
Here is a blender with great reviews and that is not super expensive. Order it HERE.
Here is the cheese I use when making the cauliflower mash, it melts beautifully into the hot cauliflower making it less points and calories.
This gravy is GREAT! Especially when we need a quick and delicious meal. The calories are great with 1/4 cup per serving at only 30 calories.
Corn with no salt added is another great option. You can control the salt added to your food and or recipes.
Here is how to make it:
- First cut the cauliflower into chunks removing the stems
- Pour the chicken broth into the Instant Pot or Large pot.
- Add the garlic cloves to the bottom of the Instant Pot or large pot
- Place the steamer basket into the Instant Pot or large pot
- Put the cauliflower into the steamer basket
- Press the pressure cooker setting and set on high for 3 minutes. If using the large pot, cover and simmer liquid until cauliflower is tender
- While the cauliflower is cooking, get the other ingredients together.
- Portion out the rotisserie chicken to 4 ounces per person
- Add the canned corn into a microwavable bowl with the liquid, Warm the corn until nice and hot
- When cauliflower is ready, add to the blender or food processor with the garlic cloves
- Blend until smooth
- Add the cheese until melted then season with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- When ready to assemble, put the cauliflower mash on the bottom of the bowl
- Add the corn, chicken then gravy
- Season to taste and enjoy!
- 1 Pressure Cooker or large pot with steamer basket
- 1 Blender or food processor
- 2 Heads of cauliflower
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 Cup Kettle & Fire chicken broth or chicken broth of choice
- 1/2 Cup Fat free cheddar cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken white meat only
- 2 Cans No salt added corn 1/2 cup per serving
- 1 Heinz classic Jarred chicken gravy 1/4 cup per serving
- Cauliflower mash or mashed potatoes, points & calories will change
- First cut the cauliflower into large chunks
- Pour the chicken stock onto the bottom of the Instant pot along with the cloves of garlic
- Place a steamer basket into the instant pot or the large pot
- Add the cauliflower on top of the steamer basket
- Close the instant pot and press high pressure for 3 minutes, then quick release
- If using a large pot, bring to a low simmer and cover until cauliflower is tender
- Once cauliflower is tender add to the food processor or blender
- Add the cheese
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder
- While cauliflower is cooking prepare your other ingredients
- Take the rotisserie chicken and take 4 ounces per person of chicken
- Add the corn, not drained to a large microwavable bowl and heat up, set aside
- Add the gravy to a microwavable bowl and heat up when ready to serve
- Add 2 cups per person of the cauliflower mash on the bottom of the bowl followed by the gravy, corn and chicken.